327 SMALL BLOCK SNOWMOBILE

Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: Fuel delivery issue probably

Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
You are out of hand brother. One minor detail, your carb bowls will run out of fuel unless you buy wedge shaped floats. These carbs are not meant to take G forces east and west and control fuel level, just north and south. Might even throw a cup full of fuel at you too out the vents when you accelerate forward. Food for thought, maybe when it runs out of fuel, the hesitation will be timed about the same time you realize you are on your death run, who knows. If we don't hear back from you after testing, I'll have a clue what might have happened to the driver.
Good luck
Bruce

Worst advise I ever heard...........Carb will be fine,you ever own a blown motor??,my biggest concern would be oiling,a circletrack pan would be nice,if you dont have one already..jmo...
Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Default SLED

WOULD THAT WORK???
Old 01-21-2010, 05:05 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I think its cool and different,dont listen to negativity,do what you like,dont try to please others.Great Job!!!!! :wink:
Old 01-23-2010, 05:48 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Default 327 POLaris

I HAVE HAD ALOT OF NEGATIVITY SINCE I STARTED THIS PROJECT,, FEW OF MY BUDDIES SAID I WAS AN IDIOT,, BUT NOW THAT ITS RUNNING THEY HAVE HAD A CHANGE OF OPINION... THANKS ALOT GUNHO FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT...
Old 01-23-2010, 07:55 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I had a 66 S/ST Nova with a holly tunnel ram running 2 660 ctr. squirters mounted side ways, ran from 10.31 to 10.59 with different size sm/blks, never missed a beat in 4 yrs. running it.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:06 AM
nomercyambulance
JOURNEYMAN

Wow! What else can I say? :shock:
Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Insani...peed-Runs.html
Old 01-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

That is an amazing sled.... damn good handy work my friend. From the bars back, it looks stock!!! What a sleeper!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

Default SMALL BLOCK SLED

Getting ready to pull out the polaris again. Looking forward to testing the direct drive setup in it now.. Did a few grass drag test runs over the summer and is scary fast now...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I love the gomobile. Oiling is the first thing I thought about then all that white stuff on the ground. Looks cold. Not for me :lol:

I've never seen a snow mobile so excuse my ignorance. What kind of transmission does it have and how'ed you hook it to the V8?

I would have to put a fake pull starter on it if it were mine! And act like I was pulling it when I hit the starter button!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -