OMG I cant believe this head failure????what kind is this???

Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i know that edlebrock has a plant to cast their own heads, but
the metal is coming from china, and thats where the problem
starts, its not as pure as the stuff that you would get from the
now closed pittsburg steel plant that china put out of business 8)
Old 09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
There are really a lot more Chinese casting out there than people are willing to admit. I don't know who made the casting that started this thread, but not many of the head maufacturers have stepped up to the plate on improving their castings. I mean look at it this way, some people are running well over 300lbs spring pressure and .900 lift, this was unheard of a few yrs. ago, that head looks like it could have been cast with the same cores that a steel head would have been cast with, with steel being 200% or more stonger than alum. Plus alum mat'l cost 3 times more than steel, so they are trying to save money on the casting. Even the Chinese castings would be good if they would simply reduce the core size and build the deck and top side thicker. It's the almighty dollar savings, and hoping that no one will run the high spring pressures and the tall lift cams. If i had my way all the alum heads i run would be solid, but i run alcohol and don't have a cooling problem.

JMO

Zip.
How many Dart heads have you ever heard of pulling the entire top of the head out around the stud??? I've not ever seen one. How about a Brodix?
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I like to keep my stuff neat. BUT taking a turd and putting someone on the trailer that has a high dollar paint job and such would be sorta fun too....like that FARM TRUCK with the dog in the front seat. That's just cool. NOT MY choice of a race car but it's still pretty cool.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:28 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by cepx111
Dam Brian, that car is wicked.

I just made it my desktop back ground on the computer here at work.

thanks a Bunch !!!...heres another Picture of the car in my shop with the hood on it....i took it with a cell phone its a little grainy but you can still make it out.

I have the pic of this car sitting in the pits as mine, I have been asked if it was mine . but have to say no :cry: :cry:
Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by zipper06
There are really a lot more Chinese casting out there than people are willing to admit. I don't know who made the casting that started this thread, but not many of the head maufacturers have stepped up to the plate on improving their castings. I mean look at it this way, some people are running well over 300lbs spring pressure and .900 lift, this was unheard of a few yrs. ago, that head looks like it could have been cast with the same cores that a steel head would have been cast with, with steel being 200% or more stonger than alum. Plus alum mat'l cost 3 times more than steel, so they are trying to save money on the casting. Even the Chinese castings would be good if they would simply reduce the core size and build the deck and top side thicker. It's the almighty dollar savings, and hoping that no one will run the high spring pressures and the tall lift cams. If i had my way all the alum heads i run would be solid, but i run alcohol and don't have a cooling problem.

JMO

Zip.
How many Dart heads have you ever heard of pulling the entire top of the head out around the stud??? I've not ever seen one. How about a Brodix?
I personally haven't seen either one break in that manner, and i hope i never do, since i have 3 sets of Brodix (sm/blk) 1 set with PSI 300lbs springs on the seats and .734 lift, and building a 496" customer mtr. with Darts.

Zip.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:59 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62

thanks a Bunch !!!...heres another Picture of the car in my shop with the hood on it....i took it with a cell phone its a little grainy but you can still make it out.

I have the pic of this car sitting in the pits as mine, I have been asked if it was mine . but have to say no :cry: :cry:

Thats Ok...Memracing62...you can tell a Fish Story and tell them a Guy in S.C. IS storing it for you...lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

this is two years ago

do it look better this way

Old 09-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Thats Ok...Memracing62...you can tell a Fish Story and tell them a Guy in S.C. IS storing it for you...lol
I would say something like

"A guy I know owns that car....I help him on it all I can, but he lives in South Carolina now. I can't afford to take off work to go down there though..So It's sitting right now. He may run it some next year."

Technically there isn't any bold face lies in that statement. It takes longer to say all that than it does for it to go down the track, so it would be sitting by the time I got done saying it.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:45 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

I would say something like

"A guy I know owns that car....I help him on it all I can, but he lives in South Carolina now. I can't afford to take off work to go down there though..So It's sitting right now. He may run it some next year."

Technically there isn't any bold face lies in that statement. It takes longer to say all that than it does for it to go down the track, so it would be sitting by the time I got done saying it.
hmm..... that could work. orrrrr... I could say I built it and a guy in sc saw it and made me am offer I couldn't refuse so I sold it. Time to put on the boots , the bs is gittin deep here :lol: :lol: '
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

don't forget to mention it has a Corvette Engine also !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -