Anyone having problems with UPS Shipping.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Default Anyone having problems with UPS Shipping.

UPS totally destroyed my shipment I received today. The truck driver even said the box the items were shipped in was mutilated. I almost rejected the shipment, but when the driver stated that the order was insured, I accepted it.

They dropped this crank so hard that it busted a hunk of metal off the end of the crank.

Anyone needing a high end Callies Crank thats shot to craps?? LOL

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any of similar losses....
Old 08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

United Parcel Smashers.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:34 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Was this a brand new unit from Callies ? If so, you'd think that they'd ship them in a heavy duty dedicated shipping box made of wood or heavy duty plastic ala JAZ 9" Ford punkin boxes.
From a Callies Dealer it shoulda been sent in a custom built wooden shipping box, PERIOD. There's not a cardboard box made that can protect a heavy chunk of precision iron like a crankshaft.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:21 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2, shipper bears some part of the blame , should be in some kind of crate designed to hold the crank.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've always had good luck with UPS. Great, now I cursed myself.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

create was built to withstand most perils, but not what this shipment went through. I think it was dropped off sears tower.... imagine that...
Old 08-27-2009, 05:29 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i tried to file Claim with Fed Ex One time...Same thing happened with them.. they dropped my box and bent and destroyed a blower idler Pulling etc..the Blower was 1/2 hanging out of the Box when they drug if off the truck...Un-real........what i didn't know is that they send the refund back to the shipper..if its an honest Seller you bave No problems..if its a shaky seller..weeeeeellll thats another story (from experience).........but at a minimum they make it a HUGE HASSLE to get your money back.

Needless to say i was fair as always and only filed the claim for $200 just to replace the idler pulley ..they sent the check to the Seller and i never saw anything........i just chalked it up as a Loss and moved on.

Good Luck Ash

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

About 4 years ago I shipped an entire pop up display for a 10x10 booth at a convention.

Shipped from my business in Belleville out to Vegas. Got there perfectly. Shipped it back with Fedex (same that shipped it out there), and when it got back, there was a huge gash in the container (meant for shipping the display), with tire marks in it.

I $hit you not, someone let it fall off a dock (by appearances) and then ran it over with a tractor trailer.

They delivered it like that, and the gal who brought it into my store looked at me like there was nothing wrong. She dropped it off and said "See ya tomorrow". I told her "You just hang on there. You're not going anywhere just yet."

They would up buying me a new 2,000.00 display unit after ruining my old one (this was the second convention it went to from the point I bought it).

They all have their flaws. Seems though that UPS has more than the others.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
i tried to file Claim with Fed Ex One time...Same thing happened with them.. they dropped my box and bent and destroyed a blower idler Pulling etc..the Blower was 1/2 hanging out of the Box when they drug if off the truck...Un-real........what i didn't know is that they send the refund back to the shipper..if its an honest Seller you bave No problems..if its a shaky seller..weeeeeellll thats another story (from experience).........but at a minimum they make it a HUGE HASSLE to get your money back.

Needless to say i was fair as always and only filed the claim for $200 just to replace the idler pulley ..they sent the check to the Seller and i never saw anything........i just chalked it up as a Loss and moved on.

Good Luck Ash
B Juice, I hate to hear that the sender has control of the final payment. Were talking a few thousand bucks to replace.

I have delt with the sender one other time in the past and it looks as if I am the one whos out until this matter gets resolved.

Anyone know how long it might take to resolve the issue?????

What would you do if you were the sender...????? Or, what would you expect from the sender????????

Anyone have any suggestions???????
Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

UPS dropped my package at the wrong house a year or so ago...Then they wanted me to go knock on the guy's door and ask him if he had my stuff. :roll: Summitt sent another package I don't know who paid for it...wasn't me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -