TransBrake Problem Need Help

Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

let me back up and tell the whole story, I bought the car from a man here on RJ and I can't find his # anywhere. now the car is in great shape, he did run a delay box but he had unhooked it all and got rid of it. I do have all the wiring spec.s on the car and the trans brake was run through the delay with the diode. but now without the delay box the transbrake would not work through the 2 step so I took the diode out and now it does work with the chip. now my biggest question is do you all think it is the valve body or some kind of electical problem. let me try and explain mor clearly the problem. the first time I tryed it. it would not work off the chip in the 2 step so I get to the tree and puss the button WOT 5500 RPM release the button nothing just set there at 5500 rpm so I release the gas peddle and it released @ lower RPM and stood up and went perfect down the track, Trans OK. so I go home run all the wires to figure the 2 step problem out and thats when I found the Diode between the button and the 2 step took it out and the 2 step now works perfect and also reverse works perfect. when you push the button so the Diode wasnt for the reverse. so now I go back to the track I put in the 3600 chip it worked perfect. then I put in yhe 3800 chip in and it worked perfect. so then I put the 4000 chip in and it just set there at 4000 rpm when I released the button so I let off the peddle again and it took off and ran perfect. so I thought it was a RPM problem so I put the 3800 back in and it wouldnt release at 3800 untill I got off the gas peddle, so I took it home. so I could ask all of yall if yall had ever heard of one doing this and what could it be.. If the valve body was bad would the trans still work perfect with foot braking, because I can foot brake and everything is perfect. but I would like to figure this out. And yall have been and are a Great help.

Thanks to all for your replys, Andy Byrd
Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Andy,
I don't think it is electrical at all. I wonder if it is some kind of pressure issue when you get to a high enough rpm it makes a pressure or possibly a binding issue like the servo or something. I don't have an intimate knowledge of trannys to diagnose it, but I still don't think it is electrical or I believe it would act the same at a lower rpm.

Curtis
Old 06-30-2009, 09:07 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Curtis. thank you much. I've been leaning that way also. a presure problem not letting it release. I thought with all the Talent and experince here someone would have heard of this before and know the problem. but as my luck would have it I'm probably the first guy that has ever had this problem. well I'm gonna take it out and see if a good cleaning and fluid change may help. I hope but probably not. But I will let yall know so we may be able to help someone else if this ever comes up again. but I'm still watching the post so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'm here.
Thanks Andy
Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

If it stays on the 2-step after you release the button, it has to be electrical. No internal tranny problem will cause that. dparker may be correct. I'd trace the transbrake wire all the way back to it's power source. I bet you'll find something there.......
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

well I'm gonna try the electrical thing first and rewire my new switch in and see what happens. I don't know enough about the way the valves in the tranny works so I can't say anything about that. but I will try the least expencive way first. I.ve already bought the new switch so I'm gonna change it now.
Thanks Guys,
Andy
Old 06-30-2009, 11:02 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I missed that it stays at 4000 if that is the chip installed, I thought the brake just wouldn't release. I hope it is the switch or wiring. Easiest thing to fix.

Curtis
Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 PM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

Andy, is this a pro tree transbrake or a full tree brake, Do you have to push the transbrake button to back up?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:07 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

yes sir I do have to push the button to back up.
Andy
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I think a new solenoid will fix your problem.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks guys, I ordered a new solenoid yesterday and took the old one out today and I put a new switch in also. the old solenoid seemed to have trans fluid in it like it had a bad seal around the pin that pushes the little rod in, so I hope thats it. I will try it out saturday and let you all know the out come, Thanks Again for all yalls Help,
Andy Byrd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -