zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I'll give you something to shoot for.
5.68 @118.
Leave at 4500 rpm.
That's my opinion Brian.

wow i hope its between what you and george are calling..

John at APD said he feels 2/10th is conservative..different set ups respond differently....if i can touch the 5.80's on motor in this car i will be tickled...i hit the 5.60's and i will have to take a heart pill...LOL 8)

WE SHALL SEE !...BETS ARE LOCKED IN
You probably don't need my opinion on this change because i'm an injection person and know absolutely nothing about running alcohol carbs, BUt, switching from gas to alcohol to a bowl, i've seen up to 2 1/2 tenths, and Stacks injection up to 3 1/2 tenths. As most know i'm a stacks injection person, because they are easier to tune than tripping over a log and more consistent than most alcohol carbs.
I suppose the switch to the carb will be somewhere in-between that range when it's perfectly tuned. I would have sold you a set of 2 7/16" Hilborns for a $1,000.00 with pump and front cover, but that's water over the damn.
But i do think you can run in the 5.70's with everything right.

JMO

Zip.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:31 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I'll give you something to shoot for.
5.68 @118.
Leave at 4500 rpm.
That's my opinion Brian.

wow i hope its between what you and george are calling..

John at APD said he feels 2/10th is conservative..different set ups respond differently....if i can touch the 5.80's on motor in this car i will be tickled...i hit the 5.60's and i will have to take a heart pill...LOL 8)

WE SHALL SEE !...BETS ARE LOCKED IN
You probably don't need my opinion on this change because i'm an injection person and know absolutely nothing about running alcohol carbs, BUt, switching from gas to alcohol to a bowl, i've seen up to 2 1/2 tenths, and Stacks injection up to 3 1/2 tenths. As most know i'm a stacks injection person, because they are easier to tune than tripping over a log and more consistent than most alcohol carbs.
I suppose the switch to the carb will be somewhere in-between that range when it's perfectly tuned. I would have sold you a set of 2 7/16" Hilborns for a $1,000.00 with pump and front cover, but that's water over the damn.
But i do think you can run in the 5.70's with everything right.

JMO

Zip.
Carb is so much less work.. put fuel in it and go a lot less hassel then injection and yes I've ran both. A good alky carb will not be as fast as injection but will be a copy machine.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rabiddawg
what your not using boggy grant carbs?
good choice its nice to see someone else isnt hooked on the barry grant hype.
what !!..don't get me started in BOGGY GRANT..been there done that...will not do it again...lol....when they stop producing the gold and sliver claw carb it went staright down hill,,,
thanks for the input. ...lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-19-2007, 05:01 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Zip you have a pm.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 AM
buffjhsn1
CRAFTSMAN

if i was gonna go to alky, i would use apd as well. i know they are big time here and have never heard anything bad about them. good choice!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Hey Brian,

Did you run this past weekend?

George
Old 10-24-2007, 03:55 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I am with George on this I say low 5.70's..
Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

had to sit OUt this last weekend..carb just came in today 10/25/07 and my new 454 r intake is still at the port shop...so hopefully this weekend or no later then next...i am excited about....my port guy " bobby mcalister from Clements racing" ..showed me the main differene out of the box between the 454-r and my team 'g'...most of the problem is with the 1st 2 ports #1 and #2...he explains to me how he will shorten up this runner along with some other base work..no to mention opening the runner ports large enough to accomadate my already worked brodix head....AL-LOT of cutting and shaving going on about right now....i made the comment in front of him "I HOPE I AM NOT WASTING MY MONEY HERE"...He replied rest assure it will be well spent... ...that made me feel good....

also i made me a good set of wheelie bars...just gotta weld on the tabs and i am ready..not that i have needed them so far but hey you only need them when you need them right ?...leaving at 4,000,4,500 on a good track you never know..so i am just playing safe.
the carb looks great by the way..

now its time to get back on the vette...anyone want to donate $3500 for a glide from tran speailties ?.....will put ya name on on the winder 8)

BriaN

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Trans price

Hey Brian,

Glad I'm not the only one busting knuckles towards the end of the year! I may have missed the et vote, but my late entry would say, if your weather is good, you hook and just be happy on this pass, you should run...................5.75, now go do it ok

Elky
John
Old 10-26-2007, 09:00 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Well I'm a injection guy also i have ran the enderle set for about 4 years and i love them very easy to tune i think it was for me but from gas to alky i picked up a little over 3 but most will be around 2 i just never had any luck with alky carbs and boy did i try a few but i know a lot of guy's have great luck with them anyway B I'm thinking around a 5.72 just have fun what ever she runs it will be a blast. good luck Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -