Richard McRight... aka Deepwater aka Hoghead on other sites

Old 05-05-2007, 11:44 AM
jarydk
SHOW GUEST

Default Richard McRight... aka Deepwater aka Hoghead on other sites

I am contacting you not to complain or anything of that nature, I just thought I would bring it to your attention about a certain person who dabbles in the "bad business" area. He sold me a motor with supposedly good heads on it... I checked them out... they had been welded and epoxied around the studs... on both sides... my fault, I should have taken a better look. Everything was rusted... suposed to have just come out of the machine shop... must have just came out in 1955... I was fine with that, I was tearing it down anyways. He told me he would send the harmonic balancer... A fluid dampner... supoosidly... Its not, and then it rusted, and its for an external balance motor, not the right one. Then I drove down to pick the motor up didnt charge him nuthin in gas... but when we agreed to him giving back 800, he said he would meet me half way. Now, he only gave 700 after it was done. Moral is Richard Mcright... aka "Deepwater" aka "Hoghead" should not be trusted and if he is selling anything on you website ever again.. maybe yall should label him as a bad dealer or something, i dont want to see the good people on this site being burned.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:30 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I'm sure the deal didn't go the way you intended..i hate that for you..but i would like to say a few things in response to a few of your statements.

you said he was to have sold you a set of good heads ? WHY were the heads not good ?...just because a set aluminum head's have been welded and expoxyed doesn't make it a bad head..as a matter of fact some of the best performing race heads in the world have had some type of welding and/or expoy work done to it or maybe not..thats the great thing about aluminum heads..they can be fixed NO MATTER what the problem may have been........ So please explain more in detail of why the heads are not good in your opinion.

#2- Rust will appear on the surface of any metal within days if it being exposed to the elements...just because there is rust doesn't mean they were not worked recently from a machine shop..if you live where i do..in the South where its very humid..rust will appear very quickly on any unprotected metal.

i will not comment on the rest of the dealings...but all the above i mentioned is pretty much the norm...ANYBODY ELSE HERE AGREE OR DISAGREE....

Good luck to you and thanks for letting us know your thoughts.

thanks- Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-07-2007, 08:26 AM
popparaces
APPRENTICE

Brian,I agree with you on most of what you said. I think if the man was supposed to give him a fluidampner for the engine he got,then that is what he should have done. I also think if they both agreed that he would be refunded 800.00 and met halfway,then that should have also been done. I think maybe we need more info on this deal,like was it just surface rust which would be normal or was it pitted etc. I really think more info is needed on this one. On a different note,Brian,when are you going to have your car out and where? I would like to see that badboy run and meet you. I am in Myrtle Beach and don't mind riding to see a good race. Later,Chevis
Old 05-07-2007, 08:30 AM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

i do agree with brian, alot of heads have epoxy and been welded.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:08 AM
popparaces
APPRENTICE

Oh,I also agree on that part. I have a set of early GM aluminum heads here that have been welded on. Seems to be pretty common with these heads. I have also have had several sets of aftermarket heads that had extensive welding and epoxying done to them. I just think there are a few other questions that also need answering here.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I THINK I NEED MORE INFO ON THIS :shock: :shock: DEALS ARE DEALS[ BUT NOT IF THEY ARE NOT COMPLETED]---BRIAN IS RIGHT ON ALL HIS POINTS[ I AM FROM ILLINOIS AND MY MACHINED PARTS RUST VERY QUICK]---YES MY HEADS HAVE BEEN WELDED AND HAD EPOXY ON THEM--BE GLAD YOU GOT SOMETHING BACK :lol: :lol: --YOU SHOULD GET THE REST OF YOUR PARTS IF IT IS OWED YOU ops:
Old 05-07-2007, 12:56 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dadraces2
Brian,I agree with you on most of what you said. I think if the man was supposed to give him a fluidampner for the engine he got,then that is what he should have done. I also think if they both agreed that he would be refunded 800.00 and met halfway,then that should have also been done. I think maybe we need more info on this deal,like was it just surface rust which would be normal or was it pitted etc. I really think more info is needed on this one. On a different note,Brian,when are you going to have your car out and where? I would like to see that badboy run and meet you. I am in Myrtle Beach and don't mind riding to see a good race. Later,Chevis

hey Chevis: i hope to have the vette out early mid june..i am now squaring the rear end..Lots of small stuff left..i dropped everything on the vette to get the camaro done...2 cars and a one man show is a tuff deal....

i will go to Jackson S.C. " House of hook" and Orangeburg...which is a little closer to you...Mrytle beach is not out of the question..i had some friends down that way a few years back...Little moe in the 68 purple camaro running 4.40's (1/8).....Hippee..running a 72 VW bug (bbc) running 5.40's..Anyhow ..not to steal the thread or anything here.....so with that said...LOL.......

I agree with what you have said on the post above ..thats why i only commented on the rust,welds and expoxy....

i look forward to meeting you..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
jarydk
SHOW GUEST

Welds are fine, but the amount of expoxy that was used... in fastener areas, where it was flaking off... that is not good... there was no mention of welds or epoxy... those are things that in a deal should be mentioned. Epoxy is not always bad, but in some areas it can be. The rust I had no problem with, but even for it supposively being out for 1 week... there was too much rust on the crank and inside the motor... he told us the lifters were sitting in oil... they werent... the lifters were coated in rust. The balancer was not correct, but all in all after it was all said and done this guy has put up a fight about it and finally agreed to 800 back... I am thankful that he has been kind enough to stand behind his end of the deal and not let things get too far out of hand. My posting was not of bashing and not of offense towards anyone, just to state a fact and bring concern.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:25 PM
jarydk
SHOW GUEST

Welds are fine, but the amount of expoxy that was used... in fastener areas, where it was flaking off... that is not good... there was no mention of welds or epoxy... those are things that in a deal should be mentioned. Epoxy is not always bad, but in some areas it can be. The rust I had no problem with, but even for it supposively being out for 1 week... there was too much rust on the crank and inside the motor... he told us the lifters were sitting in oil... they werent... the lifters were coated in rust. The balancer was not correct, but all in all after it was all said and done this guy has put up a fight about it and finally agreed to 800 back... I am thankful that he has been kind enough to stand behind his end of the deal and not let things get too far out of hand. My posting was not of bashing and not of offense towards anyone, just to state a fact and bring concern.