TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.cafepress.com/t61rc/7223856
Old 07-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Dirka this is my above post in English.

While I agree with you Rigsby on some of that , and I am not an Obama supporter at all! I think the coment you made about the "no longer a Christian nation "has been blown way out of proportion.Like or not we have freedom of religion of this country (for now ), and not everyone believes in the same GOD. I think the President was simply saying " All religions welcome. " Having the freedom to choose what , if any , religion to practice is part of what makes America special .
Don't take me wrong on the God issue.I was raised in Church.I do not atend much now but I grew up in a Christian home and my belief system is based on that. Just pointing out the obvious.Not everyone feels that way.

Tod, I have always liked the fact that you do not dance. You are not afraid to say what you think even if it is not the trend.. risking scrutiny. Don't mind me, I am kinda like D/D is to politics with my passion for God. Believe me, I would not just say what I said with out some homework & thought first. The fact that our country is was founded as Christian society is my first basis. America was blessed in so many ways through all of the years... now we have so many new problems, laws, & crazy tolerant things going on that would have never evolved had we stuck to the 10 commandments & the constitution. As we proclaim that we are NOT a Christian nation so freely, we all begin to accept that we never really were... as the pushing away of God continues, the Muslims grow bigger & in our own turf. 1st: I believe I live in a Christian nation, 2nd I am a red-blooded American. Yes, we accept all kinds here... that does make America special. EXCEPT: my kids have to go to a private school to pray or mention God. EXCEPT: Muslims seem to have a special treatment my kids don't. EXCEPT: Illegal aliens are free to come here, trash my country, not pay taxes, & worship a different God... & if I complain, it is "Hate Speech". EXCEPT: we must do things like separate "Church From State"... No Jesus in the workplace, in schools, etc.... or it is another form of DISCRIMINATION. So, when Obama mentions in his own books he wrote that he is a Muslim before everything else, I have a problem with him saying we are no longer a Christian nation. We ARE a Christian nation... others are welcome. EXCEPT: we have pushed God so far back that we are now reaping the consequences of such tolerance . Some day Tod (maybe in this lifetime, maybe not) we will wake up & say: what happened to America- it was free, had pride, liberty, justice, respect. We will wake up one day & it will all be gone if we tolerate this crap going on. The more we push God away, the more we will see this country tear itself up into oblivion. Ask a soldier if they believe in God.... most (almost all) will say yes. Why??? they believe in America enough to die for it- they want know they are going to their "real" home... where they spend entirety. Why go into battle if there was not a faith behind the country??? Obama does not understand our country OR our military... he can kiss my ass too.

Do I think Obama took that comment out of context??? NO. I believe he meant it literally. Basic history not yet erased says we are a Christian nation (for now). Little baby-steps in politics/laws/governing & the eroding of our Christian beliefs will kill this country. Obama is COUNTING on people to say that comment was "taken out of context"... he wins by plays, not by entire games. Scooter
Old 07-28-2010, 05:43 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

VERY well articulated, Scoot.