Tom Jones AKA Tomsrods is a scammer

Old 01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

Default Tom Jones AKA Tomsrods is a scammer

I traded my 66 Chevy 11 to Tom Jones AKA tomsrod 2 weeks ago and here are the problems. Tom ran this ad 2066300 and stated that it was in new condition. It does look like it doesn't it. This is the tractor I thought I was trading for. The problem is Tom does not and has never owned this tractor. It is a 2004 Massey Ferguson advertised and owned by Abele Tractors in Albany NY. If you go to Able Tractors you can find the exact picture Tom used to scam me. Tom ran another ad of his tractor the day we were supposed to trade and immediately deleted it so that could say that he had advertised it. This was the ad I found in my search. Ad 2083774. This could be the same tractor since they are the same model and the only real difference is that this tractor in like new cond. and is 2 years older. I find all this information on line later after we made the trade.

Tom was supposed to deliver the tractor on Sun. but late Sat. afternoon I got a call from Tom that he was on his way. I told him it would be late when he got here and it would be dark and was cold and raining. Plus I was in the middle of pulling an engine from the Chevy 11 that I was trading. What perfect timing for a true professional scammer and ideal conditions for the scam. He is a true professional at this and the lies just keep pouring from his mouth. He can't stop. He has deleted his ads now but was misrepresenting the Chevy 11 that I had traded him. See ad 2098900. Tom states the car has run in 9's and will run in 8's on spray. The car never has or never will run this. It does not have the tires and suspension to run these numbers even if it had enough hp.

I realized on Sun. morning that Tom had not delivered the tractor I thought I was trading for. It showed significant wear on tires and in general the tractor etc. To compound matters when I started the tractor up and moved it I could hear a noise like gears grinding in the trans. and the tractor would not go into 4 wheel drive. I then drove it down the road in front of my house and the trans. was screaming. I loaded the tractor on my trailer and decided that I would get a professional opinion before I called Tom. Our local Massey Ferguson dealer inspected the tractor and found that there was a problem in the 4 wheel drive of the trans or the rearend. They would have to pull it apart to know. I brought the tractor home and called Tom. He denied knowing the tractor was broken. I told him I would like for to cover the repair bill. I took the tractor to another tractor dealer after talking to Tom. Their diagnosis was that there was a problem in the 4 wheel drive and they suggested not using it. I left the tractor for them to break it apart and find the problem. 2 weeks later they pulled it apart and found 2 ground up gears and 1 busted bearing and 1 damaged bearing plus misc. parts in the trans. crankcase. The 4 wheel drive shaft showed a lot of wear where ther bearings were and also had to be replaced. The mechanic said this shows that the trans. has been broken for a long time and the tractor used for a long time under these conditions causing more damage. The trans is encased in oil and it takes a long time for wear to show on parts like this even when broke. The bill to repair the tractor is $1055 and attempts to get Tom to return my calls and messages have failed.

He did finally respond on RJ and denied any responsibility and denied payment. He won't even talk about using someone's else's equipment and picture on RJ to advertise his.

Tom is also misleading RJ members that he lives in Greenup Ky when he actually lives in Harrodsburg Ky. Go figure!

What Tom has done is false advertisement, bait and switch and could be considered fraud. I am turning it over to (IC3), Internet Crime Complaint Center and will let them deal with him. One of their branches is the FBI.

If you have had a bad deal with Tom I would like to know. I ran an ad on RJ today about the scam and Tom had it deleted. I did get several responses from other members about Tom Jones AKA tomsrod scamming or attempting to scam them.

Those are the only type of responses I want. I don't need help, I will take care of it. This scammer ad is basically to let others know that we have another bad scammer among us.

Thanks

[/img]
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM
SUPERBARTMAN
MASTER BUILDER

Default Tom Jones AKA tomsrod is a scammer, false advertisement

It's tomsrod not tomsrods!!!!! I stand corrected! Watch for his ad's on my old 66 Chevy 11. Any questions about the car ask me and I will tell you. Tom has deleted his ads as of now. I don't think he wants attention since he is being watched.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:47 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him a message let's see if he responds :!:

Mark
Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

first of all this guy goes buy SUPERBARTMAN. not rednova or whatever it is. 2nd i did not lie about anything im just going by what i was told. 3rd he is a liar and i can and will prov it. my last post on the tractor is here as states, there are no lies or none to be intended.
WILL TRADE FOR PRE 72
LIKE NEW
Ad #2083782 Posted:2010-12-30 23:20:01
This ad expires in 61 days.
$14,000.00
as you can see there is a date and time also the ad number. me and bart johnson traded on the first of jan after he called my house 2 times that day and talked, the thrid time i called him back and we talked about doing the trade that day.
why would i leave on a 4hr trip not knowing if i was trading or not. bart knew good and well what i did because of my job i work 28 days and off 28 days, i copied and pasted a pic of a tractor that didnt even look as good as mine, one pic. never did i say that was the same tractor or did i say anything about that tractor and he knows this i told him. the same story is told of the tractor in this ad as well. i drove to his house 4 or 5 hr trip, was at his house 3 or 4 hrs pulling the engine with my bro-in-law, he looked at it,inspected it, and liked it! nothing was wrong at the time of trade with it. he has a 5,6,or7 car garage with plenty of room and lights and had plenty of time to operate and inspect more. he heard it run and operate as well. so if you are this stupid bart johnson to get on here and lie thats another story. i will post all confersation we made on rj the past day,i have all my phone records also to prove anything, i did not mislead anyone or anything. anyone that trades off of one pic alone is not very brite in the head, you couldve changed your mind at anytime and i did not rush either. by the way you should really read the thing you have to check at the top before posting something not true.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

here are some of the mess guys, i have more i can put on here also if ya want, idc who sees them i have nothing to hide, not by name or anything else. i do live in greenup,ky also. On [2011-01-21 08:37:19] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > Tom,
> > > > > > > > You can talk and lie until you are blue in the face but the fact still remains that the tractor you advertised and the one I thought I was trading to was not yours but belonged to Abele Tractor and Equipment in Albany NY. That is FRAUD. I guess you have NO shame, ethics or morals either. Most crooks don't. Everyone will know what you did and you can't lie out of your own false advertising and fradulent ad's. No one will trade with you anymore. I will pay for the broken tractor repair that you switched on me but everyone will know. Shame!
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 23:31:22] tomsrod wrote:
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > ok thanks tom.
> > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 22:56:31] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > I don't text. More proof that you tried to cover up your fraud. I have every ad you ever ran in my files now. It's your ass and jail, that is all. I really hate to see you put your family through this. They are really nice and deserve better. I liked Johnny too. I knew there was a problem with you though. Things just didn't match up. After tomorrow the money for the repairs will be irrelevent and second nature.
> > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 22:49:09] tomsrod wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > my last post on tractor was on december 30th, i have proof ad 2083782, it was this ad you contacted me about a trade it on jan 1 about the same ad, we traded that night, and aso texted me on this same number on racing junk, so you stop studering and lien and be a man. thanks tom [2011-01-20 22:25:49] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > When am I going to get that nice tractor in the picture? You know the one you don't own.
> > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 22:12:26] tomsrod wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > Also here is the ad of the last ad i posted on tractor 2083782. Thats when you contacted me.You called me and said i see you got your tractor back online i have the hole conversation recorded on answer machine, so do not threated me my family or anyone i know. Do what you have to do, You waited 2 days anything could have happened and by the way your talking it did, I had a picture a massey ferguson tractor, I stated what I had for sale or trade, everything in my statments were true, there was no fraud commited. thanks tom[2011-01-20 21:49:07
> > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 22:03:42] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Dumb ass, THIS IS NOT YOUR TRACTOR. Take another look. I know you wanted it to be that is why you used someone else's tractor in your ad. FRAUD! NOT YOUR TRACTOR. FRAUD! You can't lie out of this.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I was the top of my law clsses in college and I took classes until just a few years ago. Tomorrow it all begins and the money is irrelivant. You asked for it!
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 21:49:07] tomsrod wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > no sir, you quit acting like a child.I never commited no fraud, and what your talking about is slander, read up on the laws. i never said no such thing about a guarantee a warranty or money back, im not asking for money back for my loss i suggest you do the same thank you. tom
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 21:29:23] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > This is the last time I am asking you tom, just pay the stupid bill. If not you will start getting contacts tomorrow about the fraud you committed. The bill will be irrelevant at that point and I will see that you pay for what you did. Just do it and quit fabricatin more lying shit. You are running out of lies.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 20:33:48] tomsrod wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > You told me paint was about year old, you said that, so so much right for your word and it was not raining at time we unloaded tractor, and you did not give me nothing, i received a car without motor or trany, so you did not give me nothing and everything was as is in deal but you did say car was street legal and all lights worked and they did not and i did not misrepresent nothing, as for tires you looked at them yourselve, you looked at tractor you should said this then not now. thanks tom
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 17:36:03] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > In regard to the Chevy 11, the only holes in the lower firewall that I knew about was a couple where the MSD box was mounted. So you had to put a plug or couple of wires on the headlights. That is not a big deal. The brakes were disc brakes on the rear. Yes they were tight from sitting that is all. I restored the car 10 years ago and yes i painted it too. I did all the restoration myself. I think the car is great to be 45 years old and so do you. We both know what happened with the tractor and especially you know it. Not only is it misrepresentation it is fraud to advertise someone else's tractor then deliver a different one. That is what happened here.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I need you to help pay for the tractor bill. You need to do the right thing. Let me know. My address is Bart Johnson 1357 Skelton Bluff Rd. Kingsport, Tn.37660
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bart
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 14:34:28] tomsrod wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > We never did neg with a warranty or gaurentee on either side, and i never said i would pay a total bill. You used the tractor for 2 days and then called me at end of second day of using it and ask to help you a little and all I said was to call, nothing more. The night I delivered the tractor there was nothing wrong to my knowledge when I delivered to you, I told you to operate it and drive it and you refused there was no whinning or anything noticable at the time, also I would not have delivered it on a 4 hr trip if knowing something was wrong with it, the place i bought tractor from has been in buisness for 50 years and there was nothing wrong then. Put yourself in my shoes for a min. you told me the lights work and they did not, they was not even hooked up also you said the rearend was breaks and was not, there was holes at the bottom of the firewall that had to be fixed also Think of money I have already spent to get these things fix, trust me its been well over 1000.00 . Also, You have not heard me complain or ask for a dime to get these things fixed.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On [2011-01-20 10:52:13] SUPERBARTMAN wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Tom,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > It took me a couple of weeks to get the 4 wheel drive unit and trans pulled apart on the tractor.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > There were broken bearing parts and gear parts in the bottom of the case and the shaft was worn from operation of the tractor for a long time with a broken bearings and gears floating around. 2 gears were badly damaged on the 4 wheel drive shaft. The shaft and gears are encased in a bath of oil and It takes a long time to wear on the shaft under these conditions. We know it was already done when I got the tractor.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The tractor dealer doing the repair is Eaton and Son Tractors and Repain in Blountville Tn. and the chief mechanic and owner is Melvin Eaton. Feel free to call him at 423-323-4902 if you have any questions. He has been in the tractor business and repair for 32 years.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The current bill is $795 parts and $260 Labor if they don't have to completely remove and dissemble the transmission to get the shaft out. They are not sure what it will take to get the shaft out to replace it. The total current bull is $1055. You said you didn't know that the tractor was broken when you brought it to me. This being the case the right thing to do would be to cover the repair expense of $1055 as I had previously requested when we talked about the problem with the tractor on the phone. It will be ready in a couple of days and I need the money to pick it up.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I left messages on your cell and home phone yesterday when I got the total cost bill. My no. is home 423-246-1998 and cell is 423-742-0422. Call me or email me and I will give you my address again to send the money.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bart
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Bart
common bart lets put phone calls and everything on here idc,let them judge this for themselves. you had plenty of time to say no and you begged to trade and you seen the tractor run and operate you was happy until 2 days later you tore it up then wanted me to pay for it. yea right
Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

PRO-STREET BEAST
66 CHEVY ll
Ad #2102182 Posted:2011-01-17 22:09:42
This ad expires in 78 days.

1966 CHEVY ll ALL NEW.
NEW HEADLINER,CARPET,DOOR PANELS,DASH,RUBBER,WINDOWS ECT.
PAINT LESS THAN 1 YR AND EXTREMELY NICE,PRO STAR CRAGER LITES,NO TUB ON THIS ONE.CHROME IS LIKE NEW,FRAME TIED AND REINFORCED,8 POINT CAGE PAINTED SAME AS CAR,B@M RATCHET SHIFTER WITH TRANS BRAKE,SUMMIT ALUM GAUGES IN ALUM SUMMIT DISPLAY BOX,MALLORY TACH WITH SHIFT LIGHT,G-FORCE RACING SEATS,ECT.ECT.ECT.

ENGINE WAS A 70 MODEL VETTE 350/370 HP 4 BOLT MAIN. NOW IS A 383 STROKER WITH
ELDERBROCK PERFORMER RPM ALUMINUM HEADS WITH 595 LIFT VALVE LASH,24 1.5 ROLLER ROCKERS AND A SOLID ROLLER CAM.
CALLIES DRAGONSLAYER CRANK
MSD EQUIPTED WITH 8.5 WIRES,IGNITION,MSD PRO POWER HVC COIL,SUPER PRO MINI STARTER,CARRILO/TRW ALL FORGED,NEW ALUMINUM PULLEY SYSTEM WITH A 5 POINT BELT.
2 NOS CHEATER PLATE SYSTEMS WITH 2 NITROUS EXPRESS 15LB BOTTLES MOUNTED
15 GALLON FUEL CELL IN THE REAR WITH A 10 AN LINE
TRANS COOLER WITH ALL BRAIDED LINES FOR FUEL AND TRANNY FROM FRONT TO REAR.
POWERGLIDE WITH A 3800 STALL
FIRST STAGE OF NOS AT 175HP WHEN GAS IS TO THE FLOOR AND 2ND STAGE AT 250 HP.
FORD 9 WITH 456 GEARS WITH NEW DISC
BRAKE SYSTEM.
USE THIS CAR FOR SHOW / PLAY OR STREET / TRACK. THIS IS A VERY EXTREMELY NICE CAR.

here is the last post i made on the 17th about the nova before i left for work. it is now the 22nd i left on the 19th and took it off but will repost prob in a few days. i have spent a ton of money on this car now and also i took off the 8,9, or 10's i had on there from before cause i didnt know if it was true, i only post what im told, most of us traders dont have something long enough to even remember the color of the last trade so we have to go on somebody elses word of what it was.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

common guys i really want someone to tell me how i scamed this guy. with as much time as he had looking at my tractor we traded for and as he said he loved it, i really want to know. somebody post and say im a no good sob or something please. please tell me how im a low life. common guys.
im really wandering on this superbartman aka rednova or whoever you go buy.lol
Old 01-21-2011, 09:45 PM
dthotrods
JOURNEYMAN

MikeandMike of Ocala Fl are not dependable and reneggers.
bartmans other post on here. he is a bi-polar person with a iq of 10 watch out fella's
Old 01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
racefan55
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

here is my opinion.. if a guy brings me a vehicle, tractor, or whatever else it may be, to my home, it is up to me to inspect it at that time.. if he comes and we trade, i dont get up the next morning and realize "what did i do?" there is no sense because i own it.. thats called traders remourse..

i met tom jones when i first started on this site.. i can not speak for other people but i can tell you that the man has always been straight up with me.. he and i were talking trade on another nova he had listed a couiple weeks ago, and tom told me every single nit picking detail about the nova.. i later looked at the car in person and thought it was nice and that tom had picked his car too much.. "he was just being honest"

like i said, i speak for myself and tom has always been upfront with me.. this bart guy seems as if he has a case of the blues.. i will know in the future not to deal with him on trades because i dont baby trade.. if i trade and whatever i get falls into, i still own it..
"time to put your big boy pants on, and move on"
Old 01-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome Back Bart-

I see your string of bad luck dealing with people continues.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...er=asc&start=0

Scorp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -