DON'T BUY FRAM OIL FILTERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
Originally Posted by cepx111
Leave it to the miltary to buy the cheapest crap they can get there hands on.

JMO>Cp
But, I bet the taxpayers paid a premium price for them! I have seen this too many times. Dave
Trust me I have seen things that the Army pays an outragous price for. For example 1 rivet normally it is what maybe 25 cents. The Army will pay $1.50 for that same rivet.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:53 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Originally Posted by oldandtired

JMO>Cp
But, I bet the taxpayers paid a premium price for them! I have seen this too many times. Dave
[size=10]
Trust me I have seen things that the Army pays an outragous price for. For example 1 rivet normally it is what maybe 25 cents. The Army will pay $1.50 for that same rivet.

SSSSSHHHHH! Dont' tell everybody. My Stepmom owns a business and only sells to the US military. She buys parts and re-sells to Uncle Sam. Since the Iraq war her business has been booming!! Sorry had to say it.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

PELOSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T BE HER--TELL ME IT AIN'T HER :shock: :shock: :shock:
ONLY KIDDIN
LIVELY
Old 09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

if pelosi were selling oil filters fram would be a better choice. with the pelosi filter all you would have is an empty can :shock: :shock:
Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Pelosi

Nahh, it would be full of hot air! :P
Old 09-02-2009, 07:07 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-02-2009, 08:38 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I'll try to have faith though, maybe the plain white jane filters were WIX.

I think for the most part a everyday run if the mil street engine probably wouldn't be hurt by a fram but when you run a HV pump zing it up to 6500+ RPMS and use thick 20W50 oil is when it becomes a problem, their media cant handle that kinda flow and pressure and breaks down.
Not to mention their anti drain back valve never works, thats why you hear them rods clatter when you first fire the motor up till the filter fills back up with oil, a good oil filter like a wix or a pure one wont do that .

JMO>Cp
That's not the case with Fram. My 94 Chevy ( 350) with only 70k miles was bone stock when the Fram filter collasped.
Sorry to hear that, yet another example of how their filters have failed.

I used to run them years ago before I was in the know, liek I'm sure alot have.

Back then to me a filter was a filter, never really put much thought into it.
Hell, coming from an era in which I drove and worked on air cooled Volkswagens exclusively and their motors didnt even have a filter, I was sure any kinda of spin on filter had to be a great improvement over that.

I wouldn't put one on my lawn mower now.

JMP>Cp
Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Nah- Nah, it'd be full of SCHITT !!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Old 09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
superbadass532
JOURNEYMAN

Hey guys..... Thanks for all of the great feedback! If you haven't noticed this thread has had the most action out of all the threads on this site! That has to say something. I didn't win my case against fram but if this thread can tell just a few people about those poor quality filters and save someone else from engine failure then me losing in court may have been worth it..... WELL MAYBE?? Something that really got to me this weekend was I was watching the NHRA races in North Carolina and the winner of top fuel had Fram plastered all over his car,truck,hats,helmet in his cockpit every where!! These guys are so big they don't care about the little guys. I don't know if you guys know but Fram is owned by one of the biggest corporations in the world , Honeywell!! Now you know why the US government uses them!! Everybody that reads this thread do me and yourself a favor.......... if you get a chance find an old fram filter don't buy one (I won't give those SOB's another dime of my money) then buy a Wix or Napa then cut them open (If you have a oil filter cutter would be best) and make you own comparison! Let me know what you find? The Fram IS JUNK !!!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

My neighbor is a IT guy for Autozone, he came by last weekend and told me they were running a special on a oil change, 5 quarts of Valvoline and a fram filter, I laughed and said, no thx...

As I watched the Carolina nationals this weekend, everywhere you looked fram, giant fram filter in the background, people holding up fram signs on raceday NHRA is eat up with it.

Just goes to show that sponsorship and advertising will get you customers regardless of how good your product is.

And the icing on the cake, Cory mac and the fram sponsored dragster of team Schumacher won.

Wonder how many folks after watching the show were thinking, man I need to go out and by a fram filter! If they only knew......

JMO, Cp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -