OKLAHOMA DRAGSTRIPS!!!????

Old 07-21-2012, 05:57 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default OKLAHOMA DRAGSTRIPS!!!????

Getting ready to head to OKLAHOMA in the next week [for about 5 weeks of work]
going to be in the FORT SMITH, ARK. area---and then down about 30 miles west of there in OK.--then up in the TULSA area -----

???any good racing in those areas still???

PLEASE SAY YES AND GIVE ME SOME INFO!!!

THANKS ,

LIVELY
Old 07-22-2012, 05:18 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Lively,

You will be just down the road from Outlaw Dragstrip that is in Sallisaw.

http://www.outlawdragstrip.com/

It is a small 1/8 mile track. I have raced there a few times and have always been treated like they want us to be there. That said it is an outlaw track, so tech is non existent, there was no ambulance, etc... Still had fun and went rounds there.

I race a Tulsa almost exclusively now. NHRA track. Great track even when it is hot. The track itself is world class, paved pits, nice bathrooms, good food. Here is a pdf of the schedule.

http://www.tulsaracewaypark.com/imag...12schedule.pdf

Not a lot of racing in August because of the heat, but the Midnight drags is something many many people like going to. You never know what you will see out there at the midnights. We have had Scott Palmer making passes in his Top Fuel car, many Pro Mod cars, grudge racing, you get the point. The down side around here lately has been the heat. 101° - 107° :shock: :shock: :shock: although I know it is hot most everywhere right now. Hope you enjoy your visit to our tracks.

Oh, should you want there is also Thunder Valley in Noble, a suburb of Oklahoma City. It is a 1/4 mile all concrete track, NHRA like Tulsa. They are racing 1/8 mile this year but I believe TNT is 1/4.

http://www.okthunder.com/

Curtis Reed
Old 07-23-2012, 05:18 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well guys i know alot of you run pro but to be honest,ive lost all interest in pro cars and nhra. i would rather be at a real so called outlaw track to watch or run. no tech racing heads up, with what ever kinda car you can build in your own garage.i know they have the nostalga drag events but even that has too much tech for me. i miss the old days bad.thats why my car is fast but wouldnt pass tech. i built it like we did back in the day. for street and strip but mostly for midnite blasts .and win a whole lot more money..
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
well guys i know alot of you run pro but to be honest,ive lost all interest in pro cars and nhra. i would rather be at a real so called outlaw track to watch or run. no tech racing heads up, with what ever kinda car you can build in your own garage.i know they have the nostalga drag events but even that has too much tech for me. i miss the old days bad.thats why my car is fast but wouldnt pass tech. i built it like we did back in the day. for street and strip but mostly for midnite blasts .and win a whole lot more money..

ME TOOOO OUTLAW -ME TOO!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:16 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Then Lively, Outlaw Dragstrip and the Midnights at Tulsa are right up your alley. If you are only wrapped in fiberglass like I am in the roadster, the Armco railing at Outlaw is a little disconcerting.

Curtis
Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Come on out to the Midnights at Tulsa, and we can bring the Bug out and tap that Illinois ass, if you are bringing your car,, hahahha Just kidding, some time the midnights are good, and sometimes just so,so, P.S, dont forget your sunblock, its HOT here in Oklahoma, but its hot everywhere,
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
Then Lively, Outlaw Dragstrip and the Midnights at Tulsa are right up your alley. If you are only wrapped in fiberglass like I am in the roadster, the Armco railing at Outlaw is a little disconcerting.

Curtis

yes---railings can be tough on any body material!! even my own!!! lol lol

thanks guys!!!