302 DZ MOTOR

Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
CONDO
SHOW GUEST

Default 302 DZ MOTOR

What is a 69 DZ 302 motor worth? This motor is complete carb to oil pan,water pump to fly wheel.Pistons are 30 over, crank stock,after market cam same specs as 30/30 gm cam.If interested can get pics and casting numbers. I am trying to find out what it is worth, their are no vin numbers to be found not on block pad or by oil filter this motor has fresh rebuild and is broken in on a start up engine stand only.The stamp on block pad is V0318DZ.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

I wonder where the vin # went??? Yet the other letters stayed on the pad?
I hope its not a restamp.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

what is the GM stamping number cast in the block in the back above where the bellhousing bolts up?

The code you have says it made at the Flint engine plant on March 18 and is a DZ motor. Now without that VIN stamped next to the build code I would dare to say its probably a service replacement block or worse yet its been restamped!

Can you get these numbers off your motor like in this pic?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
CONDO
SHOW GUEST

Yes I can it will be next wk sometime. I will have dist ,block ,head ,carb . I have a numbers matching 69z and it has no vin on block and i know for a fact it is a numbers matching car. I will have more info next wk.I just happen to run across this motor at a business and this old fellow has had about 20 69 z's and he said he would sell it I just really do not know what to offer.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
ghustler
MASTER BUILDER

If there is no vin on the engine block how can you tell its #s matching.
I bought a 70 Dodge Cornet from a guy whos grandpa bought it in 1971 and it was in the family every since, yet when I got it the engine was from a 68?
This is going to get interesting with more pics!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:17 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 302 DZ MOTOR

Originally Posted by CONDO
What is a 69 DZ 302 motor worth? This motor is complete carb to oil pan,water pump to fly wheel.Pistons are 30 over, crank stock,after market cam same specs as 30/30 gm cam.If interested can get pics and casting numbers. I am trying to find out what it is worth, their are no vin numbers to be found not on block pad or by oil filter this motor has fresh rebuild and is broken in on a start up engine stand only.The stamp on block pad is V0318DZ.
my dad sold his 302 about 10 years ago... its was complete and all org with less then 4k miles on it. he pulled it out shortly after he bought the car brand new cause he had built 2 lt1 motors one for street and one for drag. i know he got over 10k for it and it sat in that crate like 1970 and he only turned it over by hand every few months.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Condo:

VIN on a DZ block is not on the Pad. I had a 69 X33 car and I had to look for it. Is it an 010 casting? Alternately it could be a 388 or a 386. Heads are either 186 or 041 I believe.

The 0318 suggests a march build motor.

I'd guess you could get close to $4500 depending on the casting numbers on the accesories. If it dials in casting and date wise then the dollars are solid.

Check your pms.

Scorp