bird or terminator or carb on gas ??????

Old 01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

That thing should make big hp star pump is worth 20-30 if you have low tension rings with it, your cam is much bigger then mine so that will help things.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 PM
goldenj
APPRENTICE

i run the rings and put the cam where curtis told me to to better use the heads flow. at 900 lift the heads flow 465 ish 325 ish on the exh huge numbers for conventional heads i did talk to james monroe he makes 1200 hp with his 582 with 1 terminator thats impressive i asked if there was an advantage to running duel terminators and he said it would be a waste of money on my combo and that 1 is perfect.sounds like a straight shooter to me jeff
Old 01-31-2009, 05:24 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Yep thats Monroe he and I have talked several times about the dual terminator setup feels its a waste of money slim to no et to be had there.
That schmidt 584 he had sure did fly ! I'd bet yours goes high 4.60 low 4.70's and 7.3-4's.

Mine is 806/765 lift cam, BMF 385 heads fully cnc'd, sniper intake, comp this year will be 14.5:1 which will help things. Converter is loose 6700 stall TSI spragless, 16" rim 17x33.5 hoosiers, 4:10 gear. I cross the 1/4 stripe at 7050rpms. I also added low tension rings this winter to help with the moroso vacuum pump. not huge changes but little ones make a huge difference sometimes.

James has a great setup for that terminator on this size motor, 80 pill, 39 or 40 nozzel and 27% leak down on the barrel valve.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM
goldenj
APPRENTICE

i was hoping to run into some one that uses the sniper.im using one this year on the advice of my engine builder.i've used the super victor for years nice manifold but i think there something in the sniper.i have a 3.90 gear in the car now i'm told but i do want to put a 4.10 back into it.we run 1/8 mile sat.nights and 1/4 at a different track on sundays.i don't know if a gear change matters much. last year i'd leave at 4800 shift at 7600 go thru 1/8 bout 7000 with a 4.10. i had lunati pro mods in it for just 12 passes they held up great but i put the olivers in it this winter because there a 1300 hp rod and those heads pulled hard to the 7600 shift put me back in the seat!!!.then again we didn't even get a chance to start moving things around to get the best settings on everything.thanks for the nozzle setting etc. really helpful my engine builder called and has a good bead on a new complete terminator so i'll see how that goes.what kind of timing do you run?i'm at 36 degrees ,too much?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:55 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Well guys you may find it odd, But I run alky as primary fuel I run a nitrous fogger system with race fuel. I find I get a greater response of HP and you can really feel it comming on. It takes a little more than just bolting on a kit but the results are worth it for me.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:45 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

goldenJ
How do you like that star vac pump
What size pump do you have
Where did you purchase it.
What did it cost
Old 02-01-2009, 05:15 AM
goldenj
APPRENTICE

i've heard of duel systems alky/gas i'm looking to just use nos at sweet 16's or q-8's but be all motor on race days so might be something to look into with plumbing and space problems that seam to come with owning dragsters.now i'm leaning back to the hat setup. thinking i can always put a terminator on later in the year IF the hat(or maybe stack)injection isn't working out for me and i just love them.One thing about a dragster real easy to work on the drive train.also having trans specialties build me a nos specific torque conv. for my motor my n/a 9" conv. is set at 6200-6300 way to loose for nos i would think jeff
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Jeff,

i do like the look of the un-even stack set up. jeff

There's actually a reason for the uneven stacks on a big block. The short stacks on 3,7,2,6. Early on with a lot of research, in the late 60's and early 70's on the dyno they figured out if they run 21 1/2" and 18 1/2" stacks from the valve head, it totally smoothed out the torque curve from 3,000 to 5,000 rpm, where with same length stacks the torque curve was irratic and ran better with different size nozzles on those cylinders. That's why you see a lot of the old Crowers with a rubber hose between the bells and the stacks. The 3" stacks i have has that setup, but i talked to Kinsler and he said he would make me solid one piece alum stacks to any length that i want for $40.00 each, which is probably what i'll do. I don't know why i keep buying this B/BLK stuff unless one day in the back of my mind i'm thinking on building a B/BLK. I like them it's just that everything i've ran and have for the last 20yrs. is sm/blk.

Zip.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Denndivo
SHOW GUEST

Default Methanol and NOS

I agree with the race fuel enrichment with NOS on a methanol motor.
The fire is already cool enough with methanol that you want to add some heat with the NOS. The timing does not need as much NOS retard with methanol either. Of course- better to start with recommended for your app and back down from there.

Also, with my NOS plate setup under the Terminator, I used the fuel spray bar for a start primer. One very quick blip and the motor will start cold. Of course that's FUEL only no NOS!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
goldenj
APPRENTICE

i just bought a terminator last night.i see people have real good luck with them a buddy of mine bought everything fron killer rons used for 2 weekends and went back to gas carb.he's retired and says he old and just didn't want to fuel up after every pass.i don't think he gave it an honest go to really make it work for him but good for me i saved $900 and it's basically new.i really want to try the nos thing.do you guys have a person or company that you deal with thats willing to work with a nos newby like me?. and i always forget to ask if anybody has seen a study if the hat/tunnel ram set up produces more power than a terminator on a single plane manifold i really only ask because i love to learn thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -