new web site

Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THE PIG WILL BE ROOTING RIGHT IN THERE!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 06-18-2007, 07:56 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Man Juice i hate to here that but i know what you mean i have a warehouse that i deal with and depending on what salesman i talk to depends on the price and it should always be the same or they should let you know if there has been change but they don't because they know it's gonna cost you to return it and then they don't give you a refund they credit your account but even then when you place a order they want use your credit that you have unless you keep reminding them of it .
i think i know who you are talking about but when you can pm me .

And Mr.pig i did say Mr. i don't mind if you bust my chops i did ask I'm glad to have your input sir. i thank you for that. these fat fingers and my hillbilly schooling I'm bound to screw something up sure .
i think i got it fixed thou. so keep it coming.
With you guy's if it's there I'm sure you will find it.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya that's for sure ed i already have been getting that from the guy's that i race with all the time and don't forget you have to deliver it also and while you are here help me put it on and a life time warranty to did i leave anything out . if i did someone will let me know right. I'm here for ya
Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ron I still have that one question how big do you want to get ?? Wesley
Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Well Wesley i don't think i will ever get to be as big as two of the other guy's but i would like to see it grow to say as big as Herbert .
i sure would like to get big enough that i can force some better deals from these guy's i mean the buy in is bad enough .
But then they make you meet a yearly sales amount to keep your rate down so there is not as big of mark up on this stuff as a lot of people think .
I was on the phone today with one company trying to get a little better deal on there product and long story short they told me that i need to buy another 15K worth of parts to make another 5% witch right now i make 10% on there line of product .
Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ok Ron you ask for it so I am not going to beat around the bush. Redneck to Hillbilly. Ron DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE to this post because I only mean you well. I will start by saying I have never heard of Ron Owens in my life until I became a member to Racing Junk and I subscribe to ever magazine on the market. I am only saying these things as I said before. How big is your plan. Well you have picked a mighty tall order because I have seen the Herburt name in big black bold letters before you get my drift. Ron it take money to make money and it takes big money to make big money so get your act straight from the start and dont start something you can't finish. Know what you are getting into and better yet UNDERSTAND what you are getting into well before you start the business that you are wanting to become. Word of mouth on this forum is great but how big is the audience are you talking about 3000,4000 or 8000 not big enough you have to let ever eye see and ever ear hear the name Ron Owens. You got to get the name out Billboards at the track Radio, Television exposure of advertisement. You will have to be able to handle the volume of orders before you start the ball rolling other wise you will end up like Brett Bowers with a supply and demanded issue and as you can see thats bad for business. Your going to have to forget about easy. Making money dont come easy so get ready to get very passionate about work and hope you have a strong back bone called your wife because everbody has to be onboard. Ron dont ask me how much money I make because I am a 9th grade drop out. I will just say one thing this is America so you set the standard on how big or small you want to be. All the best and I dont want a deal just quality product and quality work. Wesley
Old 06-19-2007, 05:35 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Wes hit the nail on the head here.....
Why should I buy from Ron Owens..... what does he offer that the others do not?
Look at your business from the customers point of view.
Look past all your racing buddies that encourage you to get into this business, they just want deals, and they will ping pong you on price from the others, you know s and j.
10% is not a lot, but volume is what you need.....if one thing I found out in my own business these last 5 years, is that you dont make any money working for a living..... it is selling the parts. A buddy of mine told me this, he runs a bridgstone tire store, he says its not the labor you make the money on it is the parts you sell the customer.
Choose your buy in products wisely, the last thing you want is an item (read that money) hanging on the wall for a long time not moving.

Ron , do yourself a favor if you have not already, go down to Chapters, or whatever big book store you have in your area, and buy a book called "Small Business Marketing for Dummies" a wealth of info on promoting and selling and written in terms we hosers, hillbillies and rednecks can understand...
Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Well let me say this i don't mind your comments.
i encourage them I'm not new to the parts business iv been doing it for about 6 years and i know it takes money to make money this was not just dreamed up over nite i had a lot of concerns about even doing the web page to start with . but i decided to go on with it after spending long hours on the phone with some warehouses and many meetings with my suppliers .and i never advertised in magazines or radio or TV because i have been dealing mainly with the local people .
and this is my second time doing the parts business i did learn a lot from the first go around .
i used my name for a reason also I'm not using some fancy name to try to draw customers and i also know it takes a long time to grow i may not ever be very big but as long as i take care of my customers and stand behind what i sell i have a chance to grow these other companies started out small also it is a very tuff business I'm a honest man and i will do what i say i will do .i do have a advertising budget set in place and have put a lot of time and money already into this plan this has been in the works for a few years now . it just wasn't a plan to get rich real quick thing that's not going to happen in the parts game for sure .
i wanted everybody's opinion good or bad that's why i asked that also was in the plan because the customer is the biggest part of the business i want your input because without the customer you will never go anywhere .
O Wesley i don't know what you meant by called your wife but you can talk to her also she also is part of this deal .
This is one of the things i should have done years ago was to get on board with the rest of these guy's but i never was in to hi tech as far as computers and all that goes who knows where i would be today if had done this six years ago .kinda like they say you have to move with the times and i haven't done that it maybe to late i don't know for sure and wont unless i try so I'm gonna try . so thanks for your thoughts and no hard feeling from me .
Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Ron about the wife. You know what they say behind ever good man stands a good woman and thats a fact. And Ron its never to late You will do fine. And like Ed said get you that book because knowledge is priceless. Well stick to your plan you will do fine. Wesley
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Ed i understand what you guy's are saying i really do you see this was what i wanted because i do have to spend my money wisely .
this is why i wanted everybody's opinion that i could get the customers opinion is very important to me and very valuable also it helps me spend my money where it is going to count most .
Everybody is use to calling the big guy's for there parts and that's going to be a hard one to get over.
There always going to be there they have made there name and money and if they wanted to they could drive all the small guy's out of business and some they have . I buy direct from big name companies also just like they do and have for years . They don't make these parts and neither do i we just sell them .
There are some items that you can make 25 to 30% on and then there a lot that you will only 10% on .But the bottom line is this i have to take every precaution i can i have to spend my money where it's going to do the most for me i don't have millions to spend on advertising .
I have a budget set for everything that i want to do .
So hopefully one day Ron Owens will be a name that everybody knows and like i said before I'm a honest man and i will stand behind everything i do and sell .
I know this is not going to be easy that's goes without saying it's not been easy from the start .And it started a few years ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -