keep breaking tranny mounts on 94 camaro v8

Old 08-10-2009, 09:23 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default keep breaking tranny mounts on 94 camaro v8

my beuudy broke about 6 motormounts on his slightly modified stoick v8 engine in his 94 camaro. is there some reason for this or a factory problem that he should know about. any suggestions thanks chevy art
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default broken traqnny mounts

meant to say tranny mounts in the above post, and not the motor mounts thanks chevy art
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Are the motor mounts good?? What part of the tranny mount is he breaking?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I seen this alot in them camaro's - I don't know what it is but they break trans mounts often, if you start making any big power with the motor the problem only gets worse.

A friend of mine finally ended up putting a poly urethane mount in his 95 Z/28, hasnt broke that one, not yet anyway.

Cp
Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
A friend of mine finally ended up putting a poly urethane mount in his 95 Z/28, hasnt broke that one, not yet anyway.

Cp
there is the fix for the issue most the time
Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default broken motor mounts

thanks guys for instant response. i will as him obout the motor mounts and what part of tranny mount he is breaking. i told him to use the posyurethane tranny mount, but he said they are too stiff, but i think he has to go to one of those to solve the problem thanks again chevy art
Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 PM
sp2816
MASTER BUILDER

The torque arm is mounted at the transmission on those cars and that is helping break the transmission mount when the rear is rotating and pushing the torque arm up in the front. The cheaper fix is the poly mount, but aftermarket torque arms and mounting will fix it. I have seen straps made to help limit the upward movement of the transmission to keep from breaking the mount.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

My 94 F/B v-6 keeps breaking them. They are a hydralic setup from the factory. POS if you ask me. so now I am driving around with a broken tranny mount. I just don't get on it, makes the tranny hit the tunnel. I need to put a poly one on there. Too Lazy.