TCI th-400 transbrake,how good/quick is it?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

Default TCI th-400 transbrake,how good/quick is it?

im wondering are they all the same or do they differ?im looking at an art carr,hipster,and i seen one on ebay(redneck brand 300 bucks) thanks in advance!

HOW IS THE TCI BRAND?HOW QUICK OF A RELEASE IS IT COMPARED TO OTHERS?IS IT "PRO TREE"?

by the way the brake is for a 9 inch converter 3000 total lbs weight moderate nitrous use tube chassis door car
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 PM
coreyh
SHOW GUEST

I have a coan transbrake, not a lick of trouble. Consistant .005-.016 on a .500 pro tree if i'm paying attention. This is in a 3400lb car with a 650hp SBC.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:49 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

i spoke with my tranny guy on the phone and he says he uses and likes the tci brake.he said he likes it better than hipster,and its only about $315.so my question is,is the brake a good one?

also is it considered a "pro-tree" brake?any input on how fast it is would be great.thank you in advance
Old 04-02-2008, 10:12 PM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Trans Brakes

ATD Hipster Pro Brake is suppose to be the quikest releasing brake out. Through my own experiance ATD is the only trans that I will put in my cars. Great service, very consistant, and reliable.

Call and talk to Charlie, I have tried other's over the years. One of which I brought the line pressure up. set the brake, box timed out, and I launched at 4600 rpm in reverse. One of the few times I ever had to check my shorts! To see if I sht myself.

JMT