City complaint and a ? ( small novel, can anyone help me?)

Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Murff
I wanna know where the hell you can buy a house, with a 2 car garage, for $56,000!

Murff
You and me both.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Looks to me like you've got nice cars around there, and thay have no reason to bitch. I would go to the city council and try to get the ordinance modified, since the code enforcment officer won't work with you.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas. State of the racing rednecks, LOL. It's so poor here, I have to go to Tulsa, OK. to race a true quarter mile track. All 1/8th/1000ft tracks around here. I guess the bad part is I have been told my people that live around here, that alot of people will drive by the house to see if I have any new cars and what they are. Since I always try to have nice cars. :roll:
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Subdivision or city??

I am taking this as the city you are having the problem with but have included subdivisions for those that may be in that situation..Does anyone else in your subdivision/city have a fence? A privacy fence around the back yard any where in the subdivision/city? How long have the covenants/ordinances been in effect and do they have an expiration period from the day the subdivision was recorded? If we are talking covenants..as the ordinances will not.. These are all worth you checking into as they can lead to a way out for you..Once the covenant is broken by someone and nothing is done to correct it they then become unenforceable.. Also covenants will have to be enforced by others in the subdivision thru the courts... I have fought the governments in 3 counties and 4 cities repeatedly and the state and never lost and all of it over their own ordinances or covenants in the last 20 odd years..Also I would think that possibily from the first time you were contacted by the enforcement officer, if he ever stopped coming to tell you to correct it and nothing enforced, it could be unenforceable at this time . You should contact a lawyer as I have had to do that a few times also to win.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Local law here is, they must have tags and atleast parking insurance or they will be towed. Problem is in most small towns the guy 10 houses from you can have 10 different cars sitting there and no one will say a word if he knows the right person. If I were you I'd call the town office and ask what I need, will tag,parking insurance and a car cover work ?

A few years ago they went through town and tagged atleast 50 cars here and I'll be 30 of them got towed. I am glad I live in the middle of no where !! I hope things work out !
Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

I had to call the # on the letter he left on the door. I talked to him for a few minutes, and guess what? It's the old bag next door again. (she tried to get everyone on the street to sign a complaint list against me and most told her where to stick it, so I know who it is) Of course they only tell you it's a complaint. He would not talk to me on the phone but insisted I meet him here at my house tomorrow to talk in person. I've always tried to be a good neighbor, but now then after putting up with this for the last 6 years, I've had enough. As of the day I get to start this new motor 463, 7.5 to1, F-2, 18 PSI Lemons 2 3/8" headers, 4 inch collectors into 4 " Borla shootout mufflers, I will make sure to start it everyday. Once at 6am let it warm up and then make sure it revs up nice, 10-20 mins, once around 12 if I'm home, or when I get home from work. Then about 930PM unless I decide to drive it that night. If she won't stop calling in on me about stuff, I guess I need to give her something for her to hate more. I'll let you know what I'm told tomorrow by the "man" And there is no one on this street that has broken any of the covenants as of yet, so I'm had on that way out.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

HOPE YOU COME OUT GOOD ON THIS HEADACHE :lol: :lol: :lol: ---LIVELY
Old 11-29-2007, 03:25 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

People suck!!!! :x
Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Thought I would let everyone know what happened last Friday. The code enforcement man showed up and I expected the worse. Suprize!, he loves hotrods and said he could not talk on the phone due to his boss being right there. He actually is the best man I have ever met in this position. He told me although a car cover is not a permenant cure, it'll give me at least 4 months to finish the upgrades to my car and get it running. Also highlighted the loopholes for this neighborhood so that in the future I can get by. Also said he would watch for anymore complaints from my neighbor and head them off for me. This is the best thing that's went my way in months. So the last comment needs an exception for him, but my neighbor surely does. Oh, thats bad, her name is Shirley. Thanks for the help and thoughts guys, I should be good until I get it running and then the PD show up every other day, LOL.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

good to hear fbody. its good to have gearheads in high places.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -