Beware jlpford

Old 06-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Gord
SHOW GUEST

Default Beware jlpford

Guys beware of user jlpford. I bought a Doug Nash 5 speed he advertised as fresh with 20 passes. I never got one pass out of it, it has no 3rd or 4th gear. When we took it apart its clear the tranny had hunderds of hard passes and is completly worn out. The tranny leaked like a sive from the get go would not shift properly. He just flat out misrepresented the item with full intention of screwing an unsuspecting buyer. I can tell you this guy bought this tranny somewhere for a hundred bucks then advsrtised it as if he rebuilt and ran it. There is no way as that piece of sh*# could ever of been ran in its current condition. Now he just laughs and "says it looked fine to me". My first buy off this site and I get screwed right to the wall. How can I guy get this jerk to return the money..

Old 06-07-2007, 07:58 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Read the first 3 posts of this section...Then post all your information you can supply and lets see what has happened and what your options may be...
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

that stinks...if you do not mind me asking..'How Much did you pay for it?

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-08-2007, 05:21 PM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
Read the first 3 posts of this section...Then post all your information you can supply and lets see what has happened and what your options may be...
Come Gord and step in with the any contact information you have and let's get to work on him.

If we can get the money gack from the big yellow bus we for sure can get the money back from this low life if he did steal you money.

NOTE: The longer you wait the less chance your going to have to get your money back.

If the seller would like to step in and provide his side before the bell rings then please do so.

Side note to seller if you did rip this guy off I do not know any state , county or town that does not have some kind of law for theft. If any of the payment took place on the net that is One charge alone that will get you butt into some heat.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:46 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Gord I dont know how much I can help but I can sympathize with you for the very same thing happened to me. My wife has said that if I even think of buying something from a adertisement from here she will beat me over the head. All that I can say is that these are the best bunch of guy's too learn from in these Forums. Wesley
Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Gord
SHOW GUEST

Default Tranny

Guys I have everything from the worn out parts to the canelled cheque, his name address phone number, in fact I even know he is married with kids. Listen to this, I sent him an email complaining that he screwed me. He told me in that email he had the tranny apart and checked it out. When we took it apart we found a snap ring collar that was broken in 4 pieces but still intact, not the snap ring itself but a collar that hold the gear in place. You have to take it partial apart just to get to it. So if he did take it apart then he put it back together with broken parts. The guy is just flat out a fraud. I gave him 1400.00, I need at least $500.00 back to do the repairs.

What next??
Old 06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

PRINT THE INFO HERE SO WE MIGHT BE MORE HELP TO YOU[ADD#---LOCATION?-THAT SORT OF THING]------LIVELY
Old 06-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Gord
SHOW GUEST

Default Fraud

The Ad number is 748762, the guys name is james. Could someone please post the name of a good lawyer in the southeast, I do not care the cost I am going to sue this S.O.B.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:16 PM
fifty3model
APPRENTICE

I'm going thru the same thing with another business (see Bruis Glass Works)...What I can tell you is to get ahold of the Better Business Bureau for whatever state this guy is from and file a complaint..Then, go online and search for the Pros. Atty. for that particular county/parrish..Call their Mayors office and ask them who they would recommend for an atty...I've done all that against Bruis Glass Works (been waiting 7 months for fiberglass) and even called the guys bank and talked to the CEO of the bank to complain..LOL...There isn't ANYONE I won't call and talk to -- If this guy knows your calling a lot of people that could potentially screw up his life, he MIGHT be persuaded to cough up your dough!...I'll be rooting for ya!..We gotta show this a$$es that put their ads on here aren't messing with a bunch of yahoo's from out of state...I don't care WHERE there are, you got my money and I got nothing isn't going to fly!...
Old 06-23-2007, 01:51 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Gord, I hope everything works out, be deligent and keep at him.
Dont let this first time expreince scare you.
Racingjunk is an excellent site but like anything on the internet scammers are lurking. I know you got bit but there are allot of honest sellers on here, I personally have had quite a few good dealings with sellers on here and I buy with confidence, most are honest some are not. Bottom line if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.
Goodluck with your case, Charles