A/F ratios

Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm sure MANY will disagree with this statement, but egt's aren't of much use until you know what your combo likes. Probe location, tube diameter & length, port design etc will effect the egt numbers. No one can say " x degrees is perfect". Once you tune your combo for max performance, whatever egt you have then is yours. Until then, the numbers don't mean much....JMO
Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 AM
tyster
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by johnracer
I'm sure MANY will disagree with this statement, but egt's aren't of much use until you know what your combo likes. Probe location, tube diameter & length, port design etc will effect the egt numbers. No one can say " x degrees is perfect". Once you tune your combo for max performance, whatever egt you have then is yours. Until then, the numbers don't mean much....JMO
EXACTLY!!!!!! EGT's are just a reference point and NO two vehicles or Combo's will be the same. Tune for max Performance and see where the EGT's are.

I was a Diehard EGT man, gave the O2 a shot and love it! The EGT will read different from header to header and the O2 stays the same.

5/1 AFR is still on the fat side. FWIW mine likes 5.6/1 on Motor and 5.9/1 when i spray it. When I spray I enrich with Race Gas though.
Your best tool of all is you Plugs, reading them will tell you exactly where your at.
.........................Tyster