very surprising ????? ops:
Old 05-31-2011, 04:08 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Sign of the Times !!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:14 PM
cw1228
SHOW GUEST

ops: i mean am i too high on the orice. haaaa lmao :lol: . what a joke.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

That car is an older car? What year is it? Really small cage. What is it at the back shoulder hoop like a 18-19 inch cage? Those front wheels used to be very expensive and the thing to have in a go fast car. You may have more money in parts stripping it and selling it then trying to push the chassis complete.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Cert

How does a Car like this get TAGGED,w/out Helmet Bars?
Not that you dont have it Priced right,but it does look like a 20-25 yr Old Chassis?
Dragsters dont do much for me,but there is a ASS for Every Seat!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

G... looks like the helmet bars are there. Looks like 7.50 would be no problem. Depending on the bars behind the seat would determine if it would go back to a 6.00 cert. I would say the car has been updated but I agree, the older chassis scare most guys. The old solid cars were notorious for uprights in front and in the motor area. As long as the car has been towed properly and the owner has kept up on the chassis, there is nothing wrong with the old cars and for the price, would be a good deal to throw some suspension on the rear. What really makes these cars hard to sell is the small cages. Most buyers want (or think they need) 23 inch cages or bigger. That is all good if you are a bigger individual but small guys in big cages are not the best combo for safety.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

Originally Posted by shawnp
G... looks like the helmet bars are there. Looks like 7.50 would be no problem. Depending on the bars behind the seat would determine if it would go back to a 6.00 cert. I would say the car has been updated but I agree, the older chassis scare most guys. The old solid cars were notorious for uprights in front and in the motor area. As long as the car has been towed properly and the owner has kept up on the chassis, there is nothing wrong with the old cars and for the price, would be a good deal to throw some suspension on the rear. What really makes these cars hard to sell is the small cages. Most buyers want (or think they need) 23 inch cages or bigger. That is all good if you are a bigger individual but small guys in big cages are not the best combo for safety.
Shawn,
After another Look,they are there!Just LOW.You are 101% Correct about the Cage,had a Guy Locally have a New Car built for His daughter,17" w Cage.I Told him,He was Making a Terrible MISTAKE.........!But,wouldnt listen?Now shes married w/Children,and Hes got about 11,G's in a Non Sellable Chassis.My 1st Altered was 19"Hoop,which is Fine.But,when your 275 its makes things REAL CLOSE!!!!!!!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
cw1228
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Cert

Originally Posted by bbchevy
How does a Car like this get TAGGED,w/out Helmet Bars?
Not that you dont have it Priced right,but it does look like a 20-25 yr Old Chassis?
Dragsters dont do much for me,but there is a ASS for Every Seat!!!
Later
G 8)
The helmet bars are there. it has the body panels on it. its a 1992. i guess i have to give it away. its been very well kept. panels are aways off cleaning. somebody will be happy. the car was cert for 6.0 i told the man to just tag it for 7.50 cause thats all i wanted . i was going to put my motor and trans out of my 215in in it and it would have only ran 8.80s so i didnt care. thanks, probaly parting next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -