TO DO OR NOT TO DO? ETHICS

Old 10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

at the end of the day you have to be able to Sleep with your decision.

with that Said i think the choice you make should be simple to figure out.

Good luck

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Blown: PRAY ABOUT THIS... the correct answer will come... justice is the Lords.... not ours. I am not going to give you an armchair-quarterback answer... as I may consider ripping him off too. Pray & be silent...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

This is a tough one to answer, basically everyone wants a pound of flesh/revenge for getting taken advantage of this first time.

Personally, I would remember this ... fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me.

I would refuse to do business with him. and I would tell him exactly why I would not. Not the colorfull expanation but the You did not ship parts I paid for.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:51 PM
scorpio601
APPRENTICE

I would do like Scorp said...I would take what he owes me from a past deal (if i had the proper documents to prove it) Then i would inform him of who he has sent the money to and why you are holding onto part of it, then tell him if he still wants the item he would have to pay the balance oweing. ..Yes id love to see the person get what he deserved but 2 wrongs dont make a right...but ya...id be keeping the money he owed me 4sure.

Life would be just sooo much better if people were honest, we are all racers and cant afford to waist money sending it to people who are going to rip us off intentially. Thank god but so far i have bought alot of stuff off of Racingjunk, and ive been blessed with dealing with great people everytime, I dread the day that someone rips me off and stops me from racing due to taking my money without sending me the parts.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:28 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Integrity

I wish I was the type to screw him back, but my conscience would not allow me to return the favor. It is mind boggling he continues to do business and has not got his head stomped into the ground. And here is the very best part of my deal with him! I actually won my dispute with paypal on the item he never shipped. So they had to refund my credit card, but used my bank account attached to paypal to reclaim the funds because they were unable to collect from himmer (he or she). How is that for some shiizzit. That is why paypal had to change their policies. It robbed people of their rights when using a credit card. Too late for me, but good in the end
Old 10-21-2009, 03:05 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

After thinking it over, I would let him know that I had dealt with him in the past, And that he still owes me, then tell him to go ahead and send your money and I will put it toward your past due balance. Then if you would like to send the difference you will then get your part. If not keep your money and go elsewhere.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:08 PM
oldcarparts
APPRENTICE

if he owes you then you have every right to collect that debt. deduct what that amount is from what he sends you, then remind him of the previous deal and tell him you are even at that point and if he wishes to purchase the current item from you then he has a balance due. give him a reasonable amount of time to follow thru and if he does not then return his remaining money via a method that requires a signature by him and him only (I would deduct any fees required for his refund also). I would photo copy everything, money order or check from him and any refund going back to him for proof of the transaction. keep everything in a file and wait for his next move.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:56 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default I should be so lucky!

All you folks that vote to take the high road & let him slide apparently have'nt been had?? I Pray for the day one of the peckerheads that have ripped me off gives me the chance to get even--I cant think of a single thing in this old world that would prevent me from hosing him as good as I could (especially Guilt!)& Im the kind of guy that would Flaunt it!! As For the scumbags that have screwed me,I hope your reading this & remember me Because I sure as hell remember everyone of you!! Im as honest as anyone you have ever met & I have trouble understanding you guys that rush to forgive these pieces of crap that cant be a contributer to the world..Nothing & I MEAN NOTHING Is as sorry as a thief!!! Is this whats happened to the world? All the peace loving forgiving people here want to talk all the Criminals & terriosts to death??I can forgive alot of mistakes but a thief isnt one of them--JMO
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

x2, wlpatterson :!: :!:
Old 10-21-2009, 08:04 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I can relate to this problem it has been three months since i dealt with a customer and he must have forgot who he called.

What happened was he purchased a set of comp rockers and fab .valve covers from me 45 days from the time he purchased he calls me and says that he cant use this style of valve covers and would like to exchange them for another style the moroso style were the bolts go through the top of the valve cover so i told him return the ones he purchased if he has never used them and i will exchange them for him he says he needs them for the weekend to go racing and could he ship those back and me ship the new ones i agreed to it and went ahead and shipped the new covers.

Well i got the ones back but he had cut three holes in the covers and bent the top of one and when i got a hold of him and told him about it he said that i still could sell them to somebody that needed a vacuum pump fitting in them .

here is my return policy.

Return policy For Ron Owens Racing

Ron Owens Racing has a no questions asked return policy. We will gladly accept your return on any unused merchandise under the following conditions :
Merchandise must not have been installed
Merchandise must return to us in original packaging
Merchandise must be returned within 30 days of purchase date
We will issue a refund for the total amount of your returned merchandise within a 30 day period of the original purchase date.

We DO NOT refund original shipping charges or shipping charges to return the merchandise to us.

Any questions should be directed to [email protected]

We Are Located at 1661 glens Dr
Florence KY 41042

Thank You Ron Owens Racing

Today he called me again and i got to tell him that i wouldnt do any kind of Business with him and reminded him why

Sorry for such a long story but thought it was kind of fitting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -