compression ratio

Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Jordan1984
SORRY FOR GETTING MY INFORMATION MIXED UP AND GOING BY WHAT 1 INDIVIDUAL HAS TOLD ME- HE HAS BEEN RIGHT EVERY OTHER TIME THAT I HAVE WENT TO HIM FOR INFORMATION. I DID GET IT CONFUSED. MY BAD. IM NEW TO RACING, GETTING MY FEET WET AND LEARNING AS I GO, LEARNING FROM MY MISTAKES AND I HAVE MADE ALOT OF MAJOR MISTAKES ON MY WAY BUT I HAVE LEARNED FROM THEM. I WILL NO LONGER GO TO THE MECHANIC WHERE I WAS GETTING MY INFO FROM, I WILL TURN TO HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION. What mistakes have I made? I ruined a 200 4r trans, broke lifters and pushrods, wiped out the lobes on 2 cams. Even as far as getting my arm stuck in driver side header, droping the 7/16 to the floor, and waiting cramped up for my dad to find me 4 hours later. It might be a street car, but my ad number is 1526368 if anyone wants to check it out.
Now we are getting somewhere, it takes a man to admit fault, very good.

Now, what you get by adding the compression readings up and dividing them by number of cylinders you checked will give you a "AVERAGE" compression pressure, not the compression ratio.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Jordan1984
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Yes, arm stuck between the header and block. I was holding the flange against atop my forearm as I bolted it on, got 2 bolts in and went to remove my arm and my elbow pinned against the firewall, I couldnt bend my wrist or move my arm to get it out, and I dropped the wrench where I couldnt get it. That sucked.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Jordan1984
Yes, arm stuck between the header and block. I was holding the flange against atop my forearm as I bolted it on, got 2 bolts in and went to remove my arm and my elbow pinned against the firewall, I couldnt bend my wrist or move my arm to get it out, and I dropped the wrench where I couldnt get it. That sucked.
Do you Know Rudy? aka Hollowayshotrods?

ROFLMFAO!!! :lol:
Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 AM
fatjodycat
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

That does take a man to admit he is wrong Jordan......... but man i peeeeed my pants laughing from the responses of the other guys. Good luck to you Jordan.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:43 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Jordon I didnt mean to be rude earlier, but that seemed to be the only way to get through. It takes a big man to admit hes wrong... Just stick around here and you can learn alot. There is almost always someone to answer any question you may have, and just about everyone on here knows their stuff! Bruce and others have helped me with a some problems too. I brag about this forum and the quality of people on here.

IMO its so much better here than other places like yellow bullet.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:01 AM
a350racer
SHOW GUEST

Default Compression Ratio debate

Jordan,
just in case it has not been made clear I want to chime in here and say it really does take a big guy to admit to being wrong. My hat off to you.
If you are in the business of learning you might want to check out a brand new site coming on line soon at motortecmagazine.com

a350racer
Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Jordan,

Good job. To be honest, I think alot of people around here would be surprised at how much I do not know... but these guys have helped me alot too. Anyways, stick w/ the dudes around here who do the sport & maintain the equipment they race. Scooter
Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Jordan

Jordan, hope you have compression ratio straight now. Glad you owned up to your error. Keep on asking and someone will give you the correct info eventually.