Car Auction

Old 12-06-2009, 03:40 AM
whosyurdaddy
APPRENTICE

Default Car Auction

I remember awhile back there was a post on here about a Opel Gt drag car that was rolled on a public road in Texas and I believe killed one person , well anyway I just found this car up for auction at crankyape.com if anyone is interested .
Old 12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

that was NOT a safely built car !!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 12-06-2009, 11:51 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

HERE IT IS http://www.polkcountytoday.com/acc083009.html
Old 12-06-2009, 01:43 PM
whosyurdaddy
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

that was NOT a safely built car !!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm kind of new at this so please point out whats not safe about this car ? I'm not being a smart ass I really want to know what you see wrong . I just assumed the passenger wasn't wearing a helmet or wasn't strapped in good .
Old 12-06-2009, 01:50 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

From what I got about it is that the cage aint up to what it should be. The NOS bottle should be in back not right behind the passenger seat.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
From what I got about it is that the cage aint up to what it should be. The NOS bottle should be in back not right behind the passenger seat.

The cage looked fine,and the nitrous bottle can be anywhere in the car,as long as it is plumbed properly,so please elaborate with what you mean,in my opinion by the looks of how well the cage held up if they were wearing helmets and harness's I bet the both would have walked away.IMO
Old 12-06-2009, 05:58 PM
dpassmore
JUNIOR BUILDER

The nitrous bottle is to close the the occupants heads. The main hoop/cage is leaned too far rearward.

I also feel the seats are not safe race seats.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gungho
Originally Posted by DirkaDirka

The cage looked fine,and the nitrous bottle can be anywhere in the car,as long as it is plumbed properly,so please elaborate with what you mean,in my opinion by the looks of how well the cage held up if they were wearing helmets and harness's I bet the both would have walked away.IMO
gungho, You and i have been racing for a 100 yrs and we both know that cars that fast should not carry passengers. NHRA with not allow a passenger in a car faster than 13.00 flat. I have a passenger seat in every car i've raced since 1985, but never allowed to carry a passenger. I agree if the passenger had belts on and a helmet he may have survived, BUT he should have never been in the car in the first place.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Zip I agreed I Always have people ask for a ride in my cars and I tell them no I will not take them they think if you have a fast car you drive like a jerk I for one drive slower in my fast cars on the street.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I would run from this, not only because of the questions about construction, but it may already be listed in litigation papers for the law suit that you know is coming.
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -