What was your most embarrasing racing moment ?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:06 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Well we've giot some real doozies on here !
Hopefully 'we' learn from those 'Dumb Schitt' Moments....

ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 04-15-2012, 02:21 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

they are dumb moments brother, there funny moments!! hell how many times have you seen someone leave the lites backwards!!. i didnt get to see cause i was doing it!. and when everyone was cheering and laughing all i could think of was get out a take a bow, and thats just what i did! then the crowd really went wild. i loved it.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 70 chevelle moments

Doing a shake down /test and tune day with a new combo, launched the 70 Chevelle, it lauches hard, I no longer see the race track, try and set the car down "like a butterfly with tender feet" , wack it again the car lifts ,went down the track. Happy with the time (no trans brake used yet) The female photographer comes up and says great wheelie, you did a good job setting it down soft, so the next time you go up let me know. What she did not know was that my leg was still cramped up from pushing it against the roll bar so hard.I had seen my partners set cars down slowly but its easier to watch then do. I only set it down slowly because I was scared, and my legs did not react because of the cramping !!!I felt that same pain for 3 days. I failed to tell the photo girl that part. The next time I went up to run my buddy's car was in the other lane and I wasted my convertor on the burn out so no pictures, except of us pushing the car backwards to get it out of the way. :( Thats how it goes !!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

One hard launch and finding the steering wheel in your hands 6" from the steering column is a lesson you only need to learn once :shock: . No damage done (was a red light also) Sure got my attention when installing the wheel after that..
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM
bad68backhalf
APPRENTICE

Pinks all out maple grove 2010,i made 2 perfect passes on the pro tree,i nailed the tree both passes and went 10.01 both runs ,i was in F class 10.00 to 10.49,then came the arm drop,i staged the car and then i was all thumbs,i started to get the rs up on the brake,realized he dropped his arms,so i just went. Was dead late and the car went 9.97. But my most embarasing time at the track was when i ran out of fuel right after the burnout and had to get pushed off,what an idiot,forgot to put fuel in the car,,,WTF.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7UDe...eature=related The link for pinks,my run is at 14 seconds in the vid...black camaro