What was your most embarrasing racing moment ?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:39 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

back in the day when I activated NOS by manual switch (1 SYSTEM)..had transbrake on left side of steering wheel and NOS button on Right,,,back then I would activate the NOS in high gear ( back before I learned of chassis loading etc... :roll: )...well this day in high gear 100+ mph guess which Button I pushed. ( hint) it wasn't the NOS button !...my excuse...why TIRE SHAKE OF COURSE !...nobody knew I didn't have enough HP to go into Tire shake..BUT THATS MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT ! ops:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
No explaination needed :!: :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/mfw4d1hC-BI

Mark
MAN MARK LOL...How many times has that been me...lol

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Brian i tell you that was embarrassing, It was at Pink's in Bristol, I could have slid under my seat :!: :!: ops: ops:

Mark
Old 04-07-2012, 04:37 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default I Got One!

This is too embarrasing but here goes. How about driving 3 hours to an event open the door to the trailer only to realize you don't have a car in there.
Kris

Hate to admit that but yes it did happen.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:55 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: I Got One!

Originally Posted by kbartley
This is too embarrasing but here goes. How about driving 3 hours to an event open the door to the trailer only to realize you don't have a car in there.
Kris

Hate to admit that but yes it did happen.
You're not the only one. A guy I know that always travels with his son did the same thing. His son couldn't go that weekend and he thought his son loaded the car and was ready to go. He and a friend got in the totorhome and headed out without ever looking in the trailer.
Like you it was a 3 or 4 hr drive then pulled the door down and ...

Anybody ever not put the hitch all the way down on the ball?
I have a friend that's done this SEVERAL times. It beat the crap out of his really expensive motor home when the safety chains caught it and snatched it back and forth.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:13 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Knock on wood that that hasn't happened to me. I've forgotten the pin before and had to stop along the side of the road to put it in if I could find it.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: I Got One!

Anybody ever not put the hitch all the way down on the ball?
I have a friend that's done this SEVERAL times. It beat the crap out of his really expensive motor home when the safety chains caught it and snatched it back and forth.
Only once for me :shock: :roll: ops: Fortunately I always make sure there is proper tongue weight and I didn't go over any woopdy doos fast enough to launch it ! ops: ops: ops: ops: ops: ops:
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Fortunately I don't embarrass easily, however t-boning a trash drum with my brand new, state of the art SG Corvette did it......

Johnny
Old 04-13-2012, 07:31 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

The other car leaves first, I leave and go red. Then I look over in the other lane and see his drive-shaft rolling down the track. ops:

And of course, the win light is already on for his lane!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Well here we go, back in the old days, when you could use bleach to do a burn out, my brother and i were brakeing in a new set of slicks, he poured the bleach, i backed into it, pumped the brakes, opened the door, looked back at the slicks, and giver hell, problem being, open face helmet, buddys standing on the sidelines, and being in reverse, needless to say, it slung that crap all over my face, and every thing else. ops:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -