mail dump!!

Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Man i hear these horror stories all the time from almost anywhere USA. I'm so glad i live where i do. Around here people leave their ATV's outside John Deere lawn mowers outside,etc. I haven't locked my back door in yrs. except when i go out of state for a couple weeks. When i pull my race car out to get it cleaned up to go the track, the kids/young adults actaully come over and help me wash it. Every kid i know in the neighbor hood calls me Mr. John. I think it's all about parenthood and how they are raised (total respect) Admittly i live in a small farming town and the kids are taught to work from the time they are old enough. enough said i've lived in Chgo, (grew up there) lived in Phx, for over 20 yrs. and crime was rampent in both cities. I don't think there's a solution except to shoot first and decide if it was the right thing to do.

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:28 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

kinda like you zip. i live out in the country and i dont lock our house doors. hell i dont even own a door key to get in the house if we were to lock it.i leave the keys in all our cars.because i seem to lose them if i take them out.i sleep (when i can) with the front door open.funny thing, i lock the hotrod shop and the bike shop both tight at nite or if i leave but the house front door wide open.i am also VERY heavly armed.i have firearms hid in every room.and everyone in our area is the same way.after you shoot a theif they tend to avoid your place.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Same here, keys are in everything from the bike, lawn mower, 4-wheeler, truck, car, etc.
The only key I have is a garage door opener!
Mr Winchester and a few of his sons reside in every room of the house plus the garage and shed. I have never had to use one yet but they are ready when need be.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-26-2011, 08:07 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
Same here, keys are in everything from the bike, lawn mower, 4-wheeler, truck, car, etc.
The only key I have is a garage door opener!
Mr Winchester and a few of his sons reside in every room of the house plus the garage and shed. I have never had to use one yet but they are ready when need be.

X2, And not afraid to use them :P :twisted:
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

X3 with the exception of we lock EVERYthing up. Very dense 'agricultural' population with a ton of gang activities and the druggies that go with it.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I live out in the country don't have to worry about anything either :!: Leave thing's out all the time, Door's unlocked,Garage unlocked no problems ever :!:

Mark
Old 03-26-2011, 09:10 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

all kidding aside--IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENCE TO TAMPER WITH MAIL AND MAIL BOXES :cry:

pay attention and they will probably come back--it is always tempting for IDIOTS like them :roll:
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

My buddy lives down the road from me in the middle of nowhere had the same problem. His solution was a cut off railroad rail, set in 12 inches of concrete, a 1/4 inch steel plate custom made mailbox. now heres the kicker, he buried wires to it, hooked up an electric fence transformer to a timer that turned on at night (so not to shock his mailman). He has not had an issue since and actually had someone sideswipe the box a few months back, did about $1800 worth of damage to the kids car and the kid got in trouble since it turns out he was running down mailbox's elsewhere! I will take some pics when I get a chance...

what your Buddy has done is called 'BOOBY TRAPPING"..its highely illegal on the state and federal level..I was gonna post a thread about it but there is so much information on the subject I will leave it up to anyone to google themselves.

I have personally known a man LOCALLY for getting charged with boobytrapping by doing the same thing to his fence your buddy did to his mail box.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
My buddy lives down the road from me in the middle of nowhere had the same problem. His solution was a cut off railroad rail, set in 12 inches of concrete, a 1/4 inch steel plate custom made mailbox. now heres the kicker, he buried wires to it, hooked up an electric fence transformer to a timer that turned on at night (so not to shock his mailman). He has not had an issue since and actually had someone sideswipe the box a few months back, did about $1800 worth of damage to the kids car and the kid got in trouble since it turns out he was running down mailbox's elsewhere! I will take some pics when I get a chance...

what your Buddy has done is called 'BOOBY TRAPPING"..its highely illegal on the state and federal level..I was gonna post a thread about it but there is so much information on the subject I will leave it up to anyone to google themselves.

I have personally known a man LOCALLY for getting charged with boobytrapping by doing the same thing to his fence your buddy did to his mail box.
X2... We run buildings on the southside of chicago in some of the highest crime rate areas in the country, you have to be careful how you go about security. If you set up any form of security that will intentionaly cause harm to someone it is considered booby traping. you will be in VERY deep chit if someone is hurt or killed. we use ADT and a whole lot of iron bars for security. ( I am never done making iron bars :roll: )
Old 03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I will pass that info along to him...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -