RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
Oh, I'm sorry........I meant burnout.
I thought you meant burnout.

You beat me to it.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

i ussally do all the work on a few of my buddys cars around here. Just love to do it so i have no problem helpin them out. Usally just charge them a case of beer at most.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Working at a dealership I get all kinds of panic calls. A guy calls the store one day from Chicago in a panic cause his daughter locked the keys in her car at the mall. Company rules state we cant cut keys without proof of ownership so since he was 2 hours away my guys cant help so the call lands in my lap. He was kinda hysterical and said his daughter was handicapped, so I said that I could cut the key and take it to her all she needed was to show mw her license. I drove over to the mall and here stands this beautiful 20 year old girl in tears. Her handicap was she had no arms from above the elbow down but did have prosthetic arms with hooks. I unlocked her car, did not care to ask for her license. She tried to give me a $20 but I would not take it. This girls eyes and face could have melted anyones heart I mean she was just gorgeous. She went on her way and her father called me back about an hour later to thanks me. He said when she was 15 she had a severe case of Hepatitus and had lost both her arms and almost her life. He ended up sending a thank you note to my boss and myself. the note really made my day and I keep it on my desk so when I am having a $hitty day I can read it and realize my life aint that bad

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Done

I put a gate up to my back yard so I could get the big items in and out easier. I had to buy one of those double gates even though I only needed one side. My next door neighbor who was 93 at the time asked if I could put one in for him. So, I put the extra gate in for him at no cost to him. Then the guy across the street wanted one and he picked up the gates and I installed that one also. He was 88 at the time. So, that way they could hire someone to do their yards because they wouldn't before because their mowers were too big to get in the back yards. Sure made it easier for them and they appreciated the effort.

Hats off to OnebadGMC on the thread he started for Murff on yellowbullet. He did alot to brighten the life of Murff and his family. If you haven't read it, you should. Prayers go out for him and his family.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I read that thread and there were parts where I had to fight back the tears. Hope everyhting goes good for Murff and his family. My prayers are with them. Also for everybody that put aside their own wants to help out in getting that car back on the track. My hats off to them.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
I read that thread and there were parts where I had to fight back the tears. Hope everyhting goes good for Murff and his family. My prayers are with them. Also for everybody that put aside their own wants to help out in getting that car back on the track. My hats off to them.
http://www.murphysracing.us/

For those who didn't read the entire thread, there's the website I put up for Murff.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good stuff. I am due for a good deed of some kind... always makes a guy feel good about helping w/ no expectation in return.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I'm a member of the Lions Club.

http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.php

We help people who can't afford glasses. At Christmas we have a "Secret Santa" program where low income families can come get toys for their kids at no charge. We also give out gift certificates from the local grocery store at the same time.

I'm in charge of the annual Halloween Parade this year.

I'm working on a "Walk-a-dog-athon" for next year to benefit Leader Dog.
http://www.leaderdog.org/index.php
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

I belong to a masonic lodge, The lodge tends to provide some type of help or aid throughout the community.

The shriners is another good organization too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -