ROTELLA T

Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 AM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

I have to been using vr1 20/50. One of the engine builder around my area
said you pick some from the lighter oil and to use rotella t. thats why i asked. I have a deal with my local advance auto that only pay 2.50 per ot
for the vr1.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:59 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tazracing
I have to been using vr1 20/50. One of the engine builder around my area
said you pick some from the lighter oil and to use rotella t. thats why i asked. I have a deal with my local advance auto that only pay 2.50 per ot
for the vr1.
I switch to the vr1 10/30 if I want to pick up a few, usually .05 faster then the 20/50.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:43 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Royal Purple is making a new "BREAK IN" oil that is loaded with that anti scuff stuff, suppose to be more of that "STUFF" than anybody else's.
Great news for flat tappet engines wanting a decent break in oil but really not necessary for soild rollers IMO.
here's a link: http://www.royalpurple.com/breakin-oil-rh.html

Personally, I use castrol 20w50 it doesnt cost a arm and a leg and I have never had a oil related break down - I'm fixing to swith to a lighter oil since it's really cooled down here my area.

JMO> Cp
Old 10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I always ran 15w40 Rottella T in my alcohol car. It has zinc in it for my roller cam and I could always get a few extra runs out of before it was to dilluted.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:21 AM
streetracerjts
SHOW GUEST

Rotella says for Gasoline and Diesel engines right on the bottle.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:46 PM
locomotion
SHOW GUEST

I purchased some of the older conventional Valvoline 15w-40 diesel oil for break-in. But even diesel oil has been getting the zinc taken out of it bit by bit. It's been difficult to keep up-to-date with the latest formulations unless someone send it out for testing. But afterwards, I use one of Amsoil's thinner thinner oils. They have several that specifically say they have high zinc content, particularly for flat tappet cams, including a new line of "Dominator" racing oils.