Going NHRA Racing

Old 07-16-2007, 04:18 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Got home a little late last night. Man I'm beat. Must be my age. It was hot as hell. I did better than I thought I would. Went out in the 3rd round and won $100.00. Those guys are tough I had to work for it. I felt pretty good and thought I'd go to the final but I lost. There were 5 cars left when I went out. It should be in the National Dragster in the up coming issue. Took some timing out of the car and it was dialed in pretty close. I don't have a delay box or a throttle stop so it makes it a little harder to get it to run 10.90. First round it went 10.97 .046 light, 2nd round 10.94 .022 light and 3rd 10.91 .068 light. He had a .022 and ran 10.91. Got me on the tree.
My brother went out first round but the car ran good. He had some rocker arm issues. All in All we had a good time but we were glad to get home.
Thanks for asking guys. This week I'll get things ready for our next time out.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:39 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Vince,

Sounds like you had a good experience and for a 1st major NHRA event did quite well!

Next time you'll knock em dead!