Sad loss of a great racer.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

He was a member on the nastyZ28 forum too, what a shame. The car had a funny car style rollcage around his head.
RIP Mike

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

def a hard hit ...... didnt realize it was his fault
Old 08-13-2012, 05:23 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
He was a member on the nastyZ28 forum too, what a shame. The car had a funny car style rollcage around his head.
RIP Mike
yes, that's what everybody said was in the car and what caused the head trauma. Lots of talk about it on yellow bullet just after the wreck happened, but after he passed nobody has talked about the accident itself just a lot about him personally. By all the comments he was a really nice guy and a lot of friends. Sad story for sure.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

While getting in and out, I have dinged my head so many times on the FC cage and it hurts like crap. I was thinking about putting foam on the bars and now I see it could have saved Mike's life.
RIP
Old 08-14-2012, 04:32 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
While getting in and out, I have dinged my head so many times on the FC cage and it hurts like crap. I was thinking about putting foam on the bars and now I see it could have saved Mike's life.
RIP
i see alot of guys at the track with every bar foamed.... im guessing for the same reason...... i think they should be too
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

On yellow bullet there's been a lot of talk about having a funny car cage in a car and driving it on the street. Not many people are going to wear a helmet while driving on the highway.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 AM
fast12
SHOW GUEST

I know they are saying speed was a factor,but mike was not a reckless person,and he know's that road. That road has corn field's on each side,maybe a deer or some other animal could have come out,but guess we will never know. He was a very nice guy,everyone that meet him ,liked him. He was one of the 16 car's running for the money on the first season of pinks all out at maple grove. The amount of support he got from everyone was overwhelming,but showed what a great person he was,and also show's that drag racer's are like a big family. We all share that need for speed ,and also know the danger's on and off the track.Anything can happen at anytime.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I have no idea what happened. Just read what was posted. No matter what was the cause it's a very sad loss for friends and family.