Dang !..gettin old is tough

Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Or taking the green while you're in the pole position and having the hood pop up and wrap over the top of the windshield where you can't even see turn 1 coming up :shock: :shock: :shock: ops: ops: ops: Got sidetracked in my pit with a visitor and 'forgot' to put my hood pins back in......
Or having to use a floor jack to stuff a punkin or 4spd when you used to be able to toss 'em in overhead with the car on a hoist. I guess I used up all my brawn and need to use what's left of the brain :idea: :idea:
Old 10-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yes, HOOD PINS!!! I forgot once myself on 72' Chevelle I had in high school.... forgot all 4!! I proceeded to show off w/ a buddy of mine what ol' Besse could do and about 60MPH the hood (virgin Heavy Chevy Hood) took of & sailed like a kite... let me tell you... it cleared the powerlines, came down & crashed in the front yard of a mobile home in a park!!! It was TOAST. Anyways, that had to be one of the biggest "WHITE TRASH" moments of my life... onlookers thought I was really brillant... I was so embarrased, I left the hood there & took off... I did have a full Mullet at that time as well. Good times...
Old 10-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Yes, HOOD PINS!!! I forgot once myself on 72' Chevelle I had in high school.... forgot all 4!! I proceeded to show off w/ a buddy of mine what ol' Besse could do and about 60MPH the hood (virgin Heavy Chevy Hood) took of & sailed like a kite... let me tell you... it clearded the powerlines, came down & crashed in the front yard of a mobile home in a park!!! It was TOAST. Anyways, that had to be one of the biggest "WHITE TRASH" moments of my life... onlookers thought I was really brillant... I was so embarrased, I left the hood there & took off... I did have a full Mullet at that time as well. Good times...
should have went back and got the hood man...cause, you know...that shit will buff out.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Hood

I had just helped a friend get his 56 Chevy running and he wanted to see what it would do. So we drove on down the street and got on the access road to the highway and he punched it. It hooked hard and then it got dark as the hood popped open and all you could see is purple hood. This was in 1970 so there were plenty of parts available, so it wasn't too bad. Luckily it didn't break the windshield. Always checked my own hood after that, and if it is raced it going to be pinned.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Tod, come on man, you know I could not have buffed it.... everything was PRIMER GREY. Every dime went into drive-train items, no money left for paint in those days!! Ha Ha!! I just popped in a "White Snake" casette & motored on dude, care-free... with my mullet blowing in the wind... I knew I could get another cowl or heavy chevy hood another day. It was 1986....