**Buyers beware 1996 Corvette Convert by CHRISRT in NY**

Old 12-13-2010, 06:14 AM
600hpsvt
APPRENTICE

Default **Buyers beware 1996 Corvette Convert by CHRISRT in NY**

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...spd-vette.html

Here is the Ad. Chris Contacted me to set up a trade for my Procharged Mustang...after NUMEROUS story changes, meeting and travel plans changed and cancelled, excuses as to why he was changing stories, he called last minute and asked me to meet in the middle of the night, driving 7hrs to meet him. Being a man of my word, I honor that, even though I was very skeptical. We agreed to meet in Columbus Ohio, he calls me and says he is too tired to drive further and asks me to drive an extra 50 miles his way while he slept. I drove all night, to get to him at 530am. He looks over my entire car, which is EXACTLY what described, I sent 10 pictures, and videos of the car, and he said the car was "too much of a race car". And he is going to pass. A man of no honor, wasted 15hrs of driving, $400 in gas, and "is going to pass". Just wanted everyone to becareful, as he obviously doesnt stand behind his word and has no problem or integrity wasting peoples time, and safety. Thanks RacingJunk for a place to deal with honest people.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:46 PM
chrisrht
APPRENTICE

you saw what i had and wanted to trade youre junk for my brandnew car...are you outta youre mind i drove 13hrs to see a street car you said thats gutted out and was more of a track car that you couldnt even keep running and you told me cause it was cold...come on guy give me a break plus you never tuned thecar had no paper on anything ,bald tires,meth injection wasnt complete, cars was suppose to have been new with no time and it looked like it was drive through a junk yard it was so dirty underneath...........the exhaust look like it came off a stock car and you had no time slip or video to prove it went 9 0............the blower looked all fu-ked up and you had no reason for that either........please guy anyone scamming is you just like you posted you bought the car for 25000........best one was you were an insurance adjuster and then youre a sheriff....please go blow smoke up someone else a-s...youj wish i was stupid enough to trade for car....dont be upset
Old 12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Here is his response :

Subject: Re: 96 convertible supercharged 6 spd vette
Re: Ad #2021811 - 96 convertible supercharged 6 spd vette

that guy is a asshole i drove 12.5 hrs to see junk and wouldnt trade him my brandnew vette with 12,000 miles so hes pissed..hes a bullshiter ask him how nice my car really is

On [2010-12-13 11:16:11] mopar1968 wrote:
> You are listed as a scammer in the forum, You might want to check it out.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:19 AM
gmanxss
SENIOR BUILDER

I HAVE ALSO TRAVELED HUNDREDS OF MILES AND HAD A GUY TURN DOWN THE TRADE AND I ALSO HAVE TURNED CARS DOWN. THIS IS WHY YOU GO TO LOOK. ONLY A FOOL WOULD TRADE IF HE IS NOT SATISFIED WITH THE CAR.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Its sounds like he didnt like the car, if the role was reversed and you showed up and found something you didnt like on the Vette, would you have still traded? I too have driven hundreds of miles to trade or buy and come back empty handed. You take that chance every time you load up. Now I think he is over exagerating that the Mustang was a total POS, I read his ad and that car is for sure more of a drag car than a street car but far from being a POS and I dont see anywhere in the ad where it says its a street car??

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...ec-TRADE-.html

just my opinion, I could be wrong...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 AM
chrisrht
APPRENTICE

hello read the ad it says 8 second STREET CAR in the heading........im not saying it junk either but its not what i was told at all........to boot he says its a 8 sec steet car at that but he doesnt have a time slip to back it....ask him if the vette was what i said....brandnew showroom condition....i would wanna trade too if i was him..........im the one that drove 12.5 hrs and wasnt happy but you know what thats life if i didnt go i wouldnt know.....i almost sent my friend to do the deal for me and i wouldve lost out on this one...............its just not what i was told or wanted...we both spent money on trying and it didnt workout..life goes on
Old 12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
600hpsvt
APPRENTICE

Actually I didnt call him a scammer, I said Buyers beware. Funny you didnt say the car was junk when you were there Chris, you said it was too much of a race car? It IS in fact a licensed, and insured STREET CAR, we have driven quite a bit on the streets. The only thing that is missing from the interior is the back seat, and the car has Kirkey Pro street front seats instead of stock. EVERYTHING else is in there? So how is it a gutted race car????

Lets talk about time slips and videos, I emailed AND text them to you, videos and timeslips of THIS CAR before we even made a deal. Opps another lie or excuse Chris, Stock car exhaust? The car has 3" Magnaflow stainless muffers and Xpipe because its a street car lol! Bald tires..Has a set of BFG drag radials with 6 passes on them from my NMRA car...oops another excuse. Regardless, im not going to defend the car, its ultra clean, everyone around here and other places know the car and I was upset you didnt even offer a valid reason to "Pass" after calling a friend and wasting alot of time. I am honestly thankful we didnt do the trade because I would have ended up with a riced out lt1 car with a strim on it. Its clean as heck yes, it better be for only have 12,000 miles on it. not much to brag there. Like I said, not upset other than the fact you have zero integrity and didnt even offer a valid excuse until you post on here. I had sent you 10 high resolution pictures of the car, and a cell phone video of it at the track, so there was and is nothing to hide.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:12 AM
600hpsvt
APPRENTICE

Sorry, one more thing to post, first you said its 13hrs, then it was 12.5 when actually looking at my phone records, you left your place at 6:30pm eastern time, and was parked asleep at 4:45????? Opps!!! That doesnt add up either Chris? Regardless, i am glad I have my "Junk" car just bothered you couldnt give me an excuse until on this forum.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

My bad, didnt look at the ad name, sounds like you both didnt agree. Be glad either of you didnt make the trade or you would be on here bitchin about how you got ripped off! This isnt the first deal on here that has'nt gone through, wont be the last...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM
chrisrht
APPRENTICE

no im sorry its not junk its just not what i wanted or was told it was....youre post says 8 sec steet car.............prove that its a 8 sec car....most steet cars have seats and heat and all that.........check mapquest to see how far the ride is from long island to ohio...youre really a waste of time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -