VP M5 Methanol?

Old 09-20-2013, 05:40 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Well, we'll go get at least 10 gallons, perhaps 15 and see how it works at the last race on the mountain. It's a two day race so we'll probably "base line" it on Saturday with regular alky and then use the M5 on Sunday.

Oughta be interesting.

I'll let you know whatever I find out . . And try to keep it objective!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:01 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Well, we'll go get at least 10 gallons, perhaps 15 and see how it works at the last race on the mountain. It's a two day race so we'll probably "base line" it on Saturday with regular alky and then use the M5 on Sunday.

Oughta be interesting.

I'll let you know whatever I find out . . And try to keep it objective!
Hey RK, are you going to be running the M5 in an injected engine or a blown engine? I'm curious the know the difference with an injected engine.

Zip.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Normally aspirated 582 BBC, Pro Systems SV-1 Carb on top.

The Carb was converted by Pro systems to alky and doesn't seem to have any problems once we got the fine tuning dialed in . . Had to fatten up the Air Bleed Jets and go up about 10 steps on the mains but so far, so good . .

Love that frickin' Carburetor and before we got it, I never thought a carb was much good for much of anything.

But we were told by an associate who runs an Enderle Injected 468 in a 2200# door car in the high 8's that it's the "Hot Tip" . .

We thought we ought to try it and was just asking about other racer's general experience with it . . .

And Thanx for all the input . . . If we get our ducks inna row, I'll let you know how it worked for us by the middle of next month . .