my Huntsville engine blew up, then they ducked my calls!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:16 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

FASTFASTER is just mad.he is a newbe hear,has not replied in 24 days and never said why the motor broke. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

BUT----IF YOU CAN NOT GIVE THE FACTS AND WHOLE STORY THEN DO NOT COME HERE AND SPREAD -WHAT COULD BE CONSIDERED LIES ABOUT SOMEONE :evil: :evil:

ALL WE WANT ARE THE FACTS AND TRUE SIDES OF THE STORY SO WE MIGHT HELP OUT SOMEONE ELSE AND MAYBE GET SOMETHING SOLVED 8) 8)
ALSO AN ANSWER BACK ON ???? ASKED WOULD SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR THIS FORUM :roll: :roll:
WAS THAT TOO STRONG GUYS :? :shock: OH WELL
LIVELY
Old 12-26-2008, 08:04 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by mopar1968
You know i really don't understand some of these idiot's, A race engine builder that put's a warranty on a race engine is just asking for trouble to my knowledge no builder, engine tran's etc, put's a warranty on them, because of the abuse, Mister/Madam if you think a builder should have a warranty then you might consider getting out of racing.

MY TWO CENT'S WORTH!!!!!!
My shop handles problems on a case by case basis. as an example if we dyno an engine and the customer is satisfied with it,but comes back a week or two later with a burned piston because of a plugged fuel filter,poor fuel etc we always repair the engine at cost. same thing if a rocker or valve spring breaks. we do this because we value our customers and know that the good word doesn't spread as fast as the bad word.
An example of the worst case scenario,last year we built an all aluminum circle track engine using our normal top of the line components the rods were made from 300M with ARP 2000 bolts which we hadn't had any problems with.
The engine ran great on the dyno but kicked a rod out of the pan during its first race. when we disassembled the engine it was obvious one of the 2000 bolts had broken because other than being bent the bearings were perfect. In this case we chose to 100% warranty the engine.ARP sent a form letter [as the rod manufacture said they would] stating that there was no problem with the rod bolt,that my engine assembly guy didn't stretch the bolt far enough.They sent me a complete new set of 2000 bolts and we replaced all of them. this time I stretched the rod bolts and had my assembly guy and the engine owner watching.
After assembly the engine went on the dyno and on the third pull kicked out another rod.same exact problem and full warranty #2
Engine went together the next time with Custom age 325 bolts for an additional $400.00 and is still running today.
The two engines cost me over $8000.00 ea to warranty but in the
time from then to now that customer has referred 11 other racers to me in addition to bringing me his other two engines to rebuild.
Bottom line is most reputable engine builders that I know will go out of there way to help a customer if something breaks because its the rite thing to do and in the long run will pay back big benefits. Bill
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WELL SAID-BILL 8) 8) 8)
LIVELY
Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
undertaker598
APPRENTICE

I bet faster faster blew the engine up cause of his own damn fault. That's why he fell off the thread. Start shit and didn't finish.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:50 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I think you are right ''undertaker'' what it sounds like to me''

''JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH''
Old 01-20-2009, 03:25 AM
fivestageford
SHOW GUEST

Always sucks to hear about someone breaking anything(other than records) but that's just the nature of the beast! Personally i've always been a bit skeptical of crate engines from these companies such as Huntsville cause like most "mass" production companies quantity is usually more important than quality. Not saying they haven't built any "good" engines, just nothing great! Truth be told I haven't seen ANYTHING from Huntsville(or any company like them for that matter) that's REALLY worth anything. The stuff you get from people like Huntsville MIGHT be "OK" for a bracket car but too me bracket racing isn't racing. To be honest unless the engine builders initials are LGF, R/M, B.Jenks., JK, BAE, or SP chances are YOU'VE GOT A PILE OF SH*T!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by fivestageford
Always sucks to hear about someone breaking anything(other than records) but that's just the nature of the beast! Personally i've always been a bit skeptical of crate engines from these companies such as Huntsville cause like most "mass" production companies quantity is usually more important than quality. Not saying they haven't built any "good" engines, just nothing great! Truth be told I haven't seen ANYTHING from Huntsville(or any company like them for that matter) that's REALLY worth anything. The stuff you get from people like Huntsville MIGHT be "OK" for a bracket car but too me bracket racing isn't racing. To be honest unless the engine builders initials are LGF, R/M, B.Jenks., JK, BAE, or SP chances are YOU'VE GOT A PILE OF SH*T!
Jeeeeeez. Nice first post!! Which one of these big time engine builders do you work for? Only 6 people in the world know how to build engines that are quality and nearly bulletproof? Really, have another cup of joe, an extra doughnut while you consider editing your post to something believable.
BTW, I doubt Nyes, Murray, Hendrens and all the other "top notch" builders will forgive your silly slip of the tongue. Just my thoughts this morning, as I drink my coffee and eat my doughnuts.

Also, to all you bracket racers- maybe you should move on up since fivestageford let you know that "bracket racing isn't racing".

Another BTW, if you are who I think you are fivestarford, I wouldn't start questionong ANYONES credibility. ops:
Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

well said holloway,another thought ;someone that can't catch a light, drive the big end or has never bracket raced almost always talks crap. jmo
Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy Rudy he is a bench racer :!: :!: He need's to put his own money in a car and try it before putting it down :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -