Smoking and Chewing

Old 05-03-2008, 07:21 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

Haven't had a smoke, chew or dip since Feb. 17 1989, and am I glad.

Steve
Old 05-03-2008, 07:28 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Just the competition every chance I get :lol: . Because of peer pressure I tried cigarettes as a teenager and couldn't see the point so I never took up the nasty habit.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:22 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Ex smoker. I quit 5 years ago and gained 30 damn pounds. Now I'm gunna die of a heart attack for being so damn fat.

No really, I lost 20 pounds this year and feeling pretty good. Won't go back to smoking but I sure did enjoy it. I don't dip. I tried it once when I was playing ball and it burned my mouth.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Ex smoker. I quit 5 years ago and gained 30 damn pounds. Now I'm gunna die of a heart attack for being so damn fat.

No really, I lost 20 pounds this year and feeling pretty good. Won't go back to smoking but I sure did enjoy it. I don't dip. I tried it once when I was playing ball and it burned my mouth.
I did the same thing 3.5 yrs. ago ... only I gaied 60 lbs over 3 yrs and have since lost 50 lbs.

After 32 yrs of smoking. One of the best desicions I ever made ... and stuck to. Never got into the dip .. plenty of people at work carry around a spit bottle though .... friggen gross if you ask me.

Keep the quit going !
Old 05-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I have never smoked a cigarette. Tried to chew skoal 1 time when I was a kid and puked everywhere..that was enough for me. I LMAO at the smokers at work.It is a smoke free building and on their break they go outside to smoke...it is funny in the winter to see them all huddled together outside in 0 weather puffing away...lol
Old 05-03-2008, 02:37 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

I forced myself to not start smoking cigarettes but I do enjoy the occasional cigar 8) I see too many people smoking cigarettes like crack addicts and I figure no sence smoking unless you can actually sit down and enjoy it.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:32 PM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Yeah I got started chewin when I was 7 and then started smokin when I was 12 now my wife keeps givin me a hard time so im gonna quit smokin but still chew and Eric yes chew is 4.50 plus tax :shock:
Old 05-03-2008, 03:35 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

TRIED A CIGARETTE 1 TIME WHEN I WAS 16[NO THANKS AT ALL AND DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE AFFORD TO SMOKE AT ALL NOW!!!]--CAN NOT STAND CHEW[ REALLY BITES ME WHEN PEOPLE SPIT ON THE CONCRETE OR IN A CAN AND THEN LEAVE THE THING WHEN THEY LEAVE!!]--DON'T DRINK[ GOT DRUNK 0NE TIME IN HIGHSCHOOL-WAS SOOOOO HUNG OVER AND HURT SO BAD I NEVER WANTED TO AGAIN ops: ops: ops: ]BURIED SEVERAL FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES THAT WERE KILLED BY DRUNK DRIVERS OR WRECKED DRIVING DRUNK THEMSELVES--TOTAL WASTE OF YOUR SHORT TIME THAT YOUR HERE :? :? ---NOT JUDGING ANYONE JUST PLEASE LOOK AT THE OTHER SIDE[ DO NOT DRINK AND GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OR HANDLEBARS OF ANYTHING 8) 8) 8)

LIVELY
Old 05-04-2008, 12:29 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Well said,Lively
Old 05-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Bad Habits!!!

Sometimes hard to take a stand on this one. I smoked cigarettes from about the age of 13 until I was in my mid-30's. Was a solid 2-3 packs a day man. Quit in 1988. Have back slid a time or two, the last being in 05-06, new job, lots of stress and a majority of my co-workers were smokers, a rarity today. Quit when I left that job in May of 06. My current employer has a serious non-smoking culture, as of April, no one is allowed to smoke in the facility or even on the grounds.

They banned the chewing too. I agree with Lively. That is one nasty habit. There is nothing like watching someone put a huge wad of that sh-- in your mouth, then turn around and take a big drink of something and then proceed to spit up into a trash can!! Sorry, don't miss that one bit.

On the other hand, I will admit to enjoying both a good cigar or my pipe. So, I'm not entirely free of the habit. I have to avoid cigarettes, truly, I did enjoy a smoke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -