Gateway lost NASCAR now this.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
I dont think the NHRA actually owns to many tracks do they?
no they just say how the tracks are to be run-""-in the ground ""--like as has happened to ALOT of them---

yes--the main thing that sucks is all of the lost jobs by good workers :shock: :shock:
Old 08-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

well there are a few tracks that have lost NHRA races over the years, some of them are still open. Memphis was a sad deal, nice track and good people and now its just gone. I hope for the sake of the people who work there they can keep it up and running...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-28-2010, 12:26 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
ALL IT COMES DOWN TO IS THE MONEY!!!!!!
THEY MADE MONEY ON SELLING MEMPHIS/THEY BOUGHT KANSAS CITY AND WILL CLOSE IT/ THE NEW BRIDGE IS GOING INTO ST. LOUIS AND THE LAND WILL BE WORTH MORE FOR DEVELOPMENT THEN A JUNKY/ LOUD/ STUPID KIDS TOY FOR MEN :evil: :evil: [AS ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK ]

THEY ARE NOTHING BUT GREEDY CROOKS -THEY ARE NOT REAL RACERS AT ALL ops: ops: ops:

AND YES -I WOULD SAY THAT TO THEIR FACES ALSO 8) 8)

I HAVE JUST ABOUT GAVE UP ON [ORGANIZED RACEING---NHRA SUCKS!!!!!

LIVELY
Dover still owns Memphis. the place is in mothballs waiting for a buyer.

Dover has never owned Kansas City.

NHRA wants to keep Gateway up and running. It's Dover that doesn't know if it will have a full program next year.

None of this has anything to do with NHRA.

The original plans for the new highway is to split before 203, go behind the truck stop and through the golf course. That may have changed. They are tearing down the Exchange Ave. bridge this weekend. If it is going there, the highway will be west of the track.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:02 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Dover still owns Memphis. the place is in mothballs waiting for a buyer.

You're absolutely correct, there have been so many rumors floating around i thought it had been sold ops: I had even heard they had already torn down the blechers. I know i have run the track many times since i have a house about 50 miles south of Memphis, it was/is a great track for dragracing day or nite.

Zip.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:30 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

i ran at the old Gateway track[it ran the other direction]--and loved it 8)

if you check you will find NHRA/NASCAR AND LOTS OF OTHER SANCTIONING BODIES CHARGE HUGE FEES FOR THERE NAME AND SERIES--THEN YOU TAKE DOVERS FEES THAT THEY WANT TO MAKE AND PRESTO--DISASTER IN THE MAKING ops: ops:

IN THESE BAD ECONOMIC TIMES YOU MIGHT THINK THAT THEY WOULD BOTH PAY ATTENTION--CUT YOUR PROFIT MARGIN DOWN SOME AND YOUR FEES AND GET THRU THIS RACESSION[ YEAH -I SPELLED IT RIGHT] :wink:

THE SMALL TIME RACERS HELP START THIS BUSINESS -MAYBE THEY OUGHT TO LISTEN TO THEM-AGAIN
ALSO DO NOT THE GUYS THAT MANAGE GATEWAY ALSOHAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH KANSA CITY RACEWAY ,TOO??
LIVELY
Old 08-29-2010, 04:52 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Lively, to answer your question about KCIR, the answer is no. KCIR is managed by Todd Bridges, he came up here, from Memphis, but he is a KC native, he grew up in the area, and worked at KCIR, when he was a teenager. The guy that bought controlling interest in KCIR, committed suicide, and the track is in probate. The management of KCIR, is totally seperate from Gateway.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:43 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

To top it off Sikeston is for sale and Midstate Dragway is getting their mortgage forclosed. That would leave Coles County as the only track within 3 hours of me.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I heard a rumor about building an 1/8 mile track in Eolia or Bowling Green, Mo. Somewhere up around that part off Hwy 61. Anybody else hear that?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion
To top it off Sikeston is for sale and Midstate Dragway is getting their mortgage forclosed. That would leave Coles County as the only track within 3 hours of me.
thats sucks about Midway!! Jackie has spent a lot of time and money fixin that old track up. I havent been there since I sold my drag car 2 years ago but for a "middle of nowhere" 1/8th mile track the facility was OK and the people were super nice, friendly and extremely helpful. damn... :cry:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-02-2010, 05:15 AM
rooster2276
SHOW GUEST

This is just hearsay, but I talked to two different people recently that are friends with the guy that bought the MAR tower and say he is trying to open a small track near the Jonesberg area. There is a small airport runway in that area if I remember correctly. I hope someone can make this happen.