Powerglide going forward in reverse gear??

Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 AM
shovelheadsporty
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by Robstclair
You didn't have a funny shaped piece of 5/16 steel tubing left over did you? it sounds like maybe you left out the reverse apply tube from the valve body to the case?
I had one small tube that went from the valve body, bent at a 90 then went into the case once I re-installed the valve body, but that was the only one. is there another?
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Robstclair
APPRENTICE

No, that is the one. The reason it came to mine is the first Glide I installed a brake on nearly went through my shop when I tested it because I left that tube out and when I tested the brake it went forward instead of holding.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 AM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

That tube You're talking about is for first gear,it goes to the low band servo.Without it and the brake applyed the car should move backward.I never saw it happen but thats what I'm thinking.Bill.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by wmeabates
That tube You're talking about is for first gear,it goes to the low band servo.Without it and the brake applyed the car should move backward.I never saw it happen but thats what I'm thinking.Bill.
You're correct Bill. I've never seen it either, but I'm certain that's what it'll do.....
Johnny
Old 03-15-2010, 05:56 AM
shovelheadsporty
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: Powerglide going forward in reverse gear??

Originally Posted by shovelheadsporty
I just finished rebuilding my glide. I put it all back in and fired up the engine, everything seems to be working great.....with the exception of when I put the car in reverse, it still goes forward. not sure what I did wrong....please help.
\

Ok guys, got it figured out. Theres a gasket that came with my rebuild kit that goes on the rear pump........it doesnt go there!!! It blocked the fluid and was not letting the reverse engage. Goes back ward good now. Thanks for all the help!!