inproving reaction time on a footbrake launch

Old 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've thought about putting a light, like a shift light, on a rpm window switch. That way it comes on at a predetermined rpm. If you go above or below the threshold the light goes out. That way you once you set it during prestage, you won't have to watch the tach to see if it varies. After awhile you'll probably get a feel for the rpm turns on the light.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

An MSD digital 7.... 7531 I think, can be set to bring on the shift light for launch revs.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Swampwillies
SHOW GUEST

Thats a big difference from the practice tree to the real world, what light are you leaving on on both of them, most foot brakers leave on last yellow but if the practice tree isnt set up right you have to release on the green light. One thing ive found that help me on reaction time a lot was playing Guitar hero. You have to be dead on on the notes or you dont get the points. when i am the slower car i avg. probly .020 rt, if i am the faster car maybe .035. Most of my reaction times are less than .020 since I started playing gh.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:53 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

with your pal on this, put in transbrake, less to think about on starting line, more relaxed, should translate into better reaction times.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

when all else fails guesstimate/anticipate the tree...always works...or gives you a red...lol :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-29-2009, 05:40 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Footbraking just above idle you need to leave on the last yellow. With a street/strip car I doubt that it reacts quick enough for you to go red. Go to your track on a test and tune night and try it. Seat time is the only way your going to get better. Believe me I know as I need more seat time myself.LOL