Dragster Chassis Explanation

Old 01-04-2009, 06:54 PM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for all the help so far. I know a little more about the differences every time I log onto the forum and read the replies. The pics are great, hammerime and shawnp!
All of the pics seem to have a four-link system with the swingarm suspension. Is this the norm? It seems to me that some of the four-link benifits would not work as well with the shocks. Am I correct in this assumption?
I think I will take your advice and look for a fully suspended swingarm (front and back) with a four-link setup. I have watched the hardtails run for years and have noticed that on bumpy tracks the driver seems to be in a bit of a fight at times.
Thanks for the help. This site is awesome!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kod99
Thanks for all the help so far. I know a little more about the differences every time I log onto the forum and read the replies. The pics are great, hammerime and shawnp!
All of the pics seem to have a four-link system with the swingarm suspension. Is this the norm? It seems to me that some of the four-link benifits would not work as well with the shocks. Am I correct in this assumption?
I think I will take your advice and look for a fully suspended swingarm (front and back) with a four-link setup. I have watched the hardtails run for years and have noticed that on bumpy tracks the driver seems to be in a bit of a fight at times.
Not a problem glad we could help
Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kod99
I don't think I understand what you are asking about the shocks. Kind of important to have then on a 4-link. You need to talk to hammertime if you want a dual suspended car. His is for sale. My old dual suspended car is for sale as well. The current car is just a rear swingarm, but is on here for sale.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If you haven't already, click on the link to hammertime's friend page and check out the pics of that dragster...that car is beautiful and you can tell by his pics it is put together right!. very impressive.