What The Heck is Trade Value?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Weather we understand it or not, you can clearly see how it is interpreted by the majority...

Again, it is 2 different transactions being listed in one ad. Since a value is subject to ones opinion & the market, what governs the trade value being more on a ad? I am guessing what KW is saying is this: "the sale price is X". IF you want to trade, I will do it, but I would rather sell, but I will do it for "X" more.... is that right? The buyer is giving more for the convenience of trading because the seller would rather sell & get a certain amount of cash.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

yes , i ask a fair price i can get for items i sale, not top dollar. It seems like people often want to trade me for something they are asking top dollar or even more for. And just because i knocked my price in half and your still asking full price, i wouldnt trade.... It should be a fair trade.
Does this make sence? It seems a little hard to type out.

I really dont sell much stuff, but when i buy stuff i dont try to barter down the price and i wish people wouldnt try it when im selling mine.

Again, it is 2 different transactions being listed in one ad. Since a value is subject to ones opinion & the market, what governs the trade value being more on a ad? I am guessing what KW is saying is this: "the sale price is X". IF you want to trade, I will do it, but I would rather sell, but I will do it for "X" more.... is that right? The buyer is giving more for the convenience of trading because the seller would rather sell & get a certain amount of cash
Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

heres the problem im having got my car up for grabs looked an here before i decided rough price (im flexable) and simular cars are$4k-$7k but i also took into concideration the money i put in the motor right at the $5k mark so that combined knowledge i set my mind to no more then $6k trade i look at and if asked cash my bottom would be $4500 trade value is what ever catches my but no more then earlier stated. sent a feeler out on a 3500 listed price truck his reply was sure your car and 2500 cash and you trans port to me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: that was such an insult and would have liked to give him a peice of my mind but hey figure if he wanted he would have been decent ( so fuk him jmo)
Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
SS68NOVASS
SHOW GUEST

Default what is trade value

trade value is not more than yours is worth it maybe more than your asking cash price example: if i have $7,000 in a car and only want to sell it for $3,000 doesn't mean i'll trade it for a car thats only worth $3,000 thats just my opinion
Old 12-03-2009, 04:39 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

haha.... we are going to have Websters Dictionary a deffinition for Trade Value soon!

Trade value should be close to what in a fair world the item is worth.
Cash Price is the Lowest you will take!

This has been a interesting post.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
racer1
SHOW GUEST

This has been fun!

Bottom line; if you will take a certain cash price for something, then that is all it is worth to you. Forget all the trade value crap!

When posting put a reasonable price on it and either sell or trade it for what it is worth and it is that simple.