WTH !!!!????....

Old 09-09-2009, 03:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

SCOOTER---YOUR A GOOD MAN 8) 8)
I WILL NOT SHARE A RACE TRACK WITH SOMEONE I KNOW IS USING :x :x --IT TAKES COURAGE AND LOVE FOR YOUR FELLOW RACERS TO SHOW THE RESPECT YOU JUST TOLD OF.
GOD AND ONLY GOD CAN KEEP YOU FROM THIS HABIT-AND I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE CLOSE TO ME WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THINGS GO WRONG!
YOUR FRIEND , LIVELY
Old 09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Just wanted to let you guys know. I dont judge people on what they have done in the past. Well thats the past. We all have our mistakes. The only question is if they have learned from those mistakes. From what everybpody has said they have. To me that takes a lot of guts to admit. Also for doing that they have earned even more respect from me. Not saying that I didnt respect you before. So please dont take it that way. I judge people on how they treat myself or other people today. I am also glad that I met a great group of guys on here and wouldnt hesitat one sec to call them family. I know all bout pain. I got discharged from the Army due to a messed up lower back. I am always in pain. My hats off to all of y'all.

I am off my saop box now.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YOU DO SMELL CLEANER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw your under doctors care ( I assume) and the drugs are given to you to make through the day. No, you would probably not be allowed to drive a car under those circumstances, but don't think that's what this topic was intended to say. I’ve had back trouble for almost 5 years, been to so many doctors and none can find what’s wrong with me. I have prescription pain killers that are 4 years old that I just want take. They make the pain go away, but I just don’t like taking them. New doctor as of 2 months ago and he’s helping a little.
Scooter not many days go by that I don't think about some of your post.
I have never been a drinker; to be honest never drank a single beer in my life. Have had a few mixed drinks, but I just don't have time to drink. I've always been a loner and have always done things by myself. I guess it's not much fun to drink alone. Not to mention I'm a work a-holic. That has cost me some good relationships too.
I don't judge any of you guys by your past, but I really do admire what ya'll have done to stay sober.
Scooter I hope we have the chance to meet some day and if you ever need anything my door will be open!!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:06 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

scoot & tod congrats on choosing life ,health & family over the sure doom of alcohol or drug abuse. the repercussions of which go far beyond the one abusing. my brother inlaw was a loving father & husband to my sister but had a big problem with alcohol. it costed him his life.we are a very close family and try to fill the void in my neices life the best we can , I take the girls to the father daughter events , but nothing replaces there dad. if anybody recovering abuser needs that extra strenght in the battle, look at your kids parents spouse etc and think of the hurt they would have if something happen to you. that hurt never heals. god bless, mike
Old 09-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well Outlaw, Tod, Wabbit, Dirk-Diggler, Lively, all of you, etc... thanks for your support... it means a lot. I spent many days wasting my life on drinking & drugs... all the sudden I was in my late 20's looking back saying "what the hell happened??" I could have had a cool career, finished my college, had a chance to live a dream such as pursue Nascar, race something, whatever. I pissed it all away & lived for the moment.

Got lucky one day & meant my beautiful wife (who is 8 years younger & she is more mature than me still!!) bought a home, Had a few kids, etc... God showed me that I can still live good & live vicariously through my children & their dreams too. Now I am glad the addiction lead me to God...

Drugs are deceptive. Doctors are too easy to con. There is too many people who get hurt by drugs... more than we will ever know. People die all the time from drugs & you will not read about it most of the time, it will not always be on the news, but they OD on things like OxyContinin & Morphine which is the synthetic version of Heroin. Such a waste, their heart stops in their sleep, they foam at the mouth a little, & in the blink of an eye, a life is gone. I did not want to go out that way... I wanted to be around so I could come on here & harass all you guys. Scooter
Old 09-09-2009, 04:33 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Scoot..

If there is anything you need let me know. Even though I am not at home I can try to help out as much as I can.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

You are a good man, thanks. I walk this thing out probably the same way Tod does, or any addict does- one day at a time & NEVER go back. If I need some adrenalin, I can go to Woodburn, skydive or just try to out-run the cop's on my scooter again. BTW- you are right, all "fun & games until you loose a nut". I still have them, but they got a little scared when I got married.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
You are a good man, thanks. I walk this thing out probably the same way Tod does, or any addict does- one day at a time & NEVER go back. If I need some adrenalin, I can go to Woodburn, skydive or just try to out-run the cop's on my scooter again. BTW- you are right, all "fun & games until you loose a nut". I still have them, but they got a little scared when I got married.

Mine went AWOL when I got remarried :lol: :lol:
Old 09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

good for all my gear head bruthas and i pray the future gets
better, godspeed :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -