Is everyone that broke?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
We the People of the United States Of America " spend more than we make every year"!! Our wants are more than our paychecks and we expect somebody to take care or it or make it go away.
Well said Rabbit. It's always someone elses fault. So please take care of me,me,me. And then when they get bailed out for pennies on the dollar they go do it all over again.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Me too, but I will say that sales are picking up right now. I will make less this year however. I have 2 kid's in private school (Christian) b/c of our over crowded public local schools now supporting homosexual agendas/green ecosystems/safe sex with monkeys & whatever else. That costs me a PILE of money to keep them there. My Camaro is up on stands right now & I am working on the crossmember, driveline & few upgrades instead of actaully driving it due to this economy. I ate lunch today in a small rural town at a diner... on the door it had a sign that said: "Due to the economy, we will not be open nights; closing at 3PM... closed on Sunday". I don't know boys, this economy is troubling. I had to take some 401K this year... that hurt. Scooter
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Is everyone that broke?

Originally Posted by nan
Been trying to sell a Jeffco and a roller Grand National, now I put my shop equipment up for sale and can't even get an offer. Is it that bad or is everyone just sitting on there money?
i can't believe you had to ask...Not trying to be a smart Guy but where you been the last 18 months ??????????????? :idea: :?:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by signsbyesa
it's tuff nan, in my case i have a daughter going to pharmacy school
she lives here at home w/my grand kids which have a dead beat
dad and let me tell you, it cost to raise kids, no gov. assistatance,
and my grand kids have no idea that food, clothes and things cost
money, they think you just go to the store and get what you need.
these kids (5 & 3) drink 2 gal of milk a wk, i could go on but just
to give you an idea, and i stay at home to watch them, my income
was cut in half, i have not bought anything on here for the past yr.
just can't afford it right now, but our bills are paid, food on the table,
and the kids are happy, good luck bud :wink:
I work with a guy that has a wife and 3 kids, makes 22 dollars an hour, has a house that is less than 1 year old and gets $430 a month in food stamps.

well ya Know Todd down here in the South we see a lot of Healthy younger Americans sitting on their Porch at Mid-day..everyday...drawing Food stamps and DISABILITY..AND THEY AIN'T NEVER WORKED A DAY IN THEIR LIFE.

So its sorta good to see a working man that pays his taxes getting a piece of this CAKE these freeloaders have been getting for years that has contributed Nothing....

its all in how ya look at it i guess ..

ps
By the way i accidentally knocked off your Pic (signature) when i made this reply. at 1st i hit the wrong Button..i didn't want you to panic thinking your computer has been hacked or anything...lol

Old 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I just don't want gas and diesel to get as high as it was. It got up to 5 bucks a gallon for diesel and the cheapest gas was 4.25 i believe. Thats the west coast for ya.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

things just keep get getting worse. bought a new dirt chassis hear bout a year ago and had to sell it before i got it done. went about 3 months and broke down and bought another car. raced it once and now it sits cant afford to even pull it to the track and i live 10 miles away. not to much longer and i think i will have to sell it all to keep up with bills.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:47 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by newjack42
things just keep get getting worse. bought a new dirt chassis hear bout a year ago and had to sell it before i got it done. went about 3 months and broke down and bought another car. raced it once and now it sits cant afford to even pull it to the track and i live 10 miles away. not to much longer and i think i will have to sell it all to keep up with bills.

Hey man nothing to be ashamed of with that....Yiu gotta do what ya gotta do...those race cars will be their when you ready to get back.

I saw something coming 18 months ago thats why i sold my 63 vette..i miss it sometime but i do have me a little put back to get us down the road should it come to that...

Good luck to ya My Man !..we in this all together weather we caused it or not..... :wink:

Old 08-07-2009, 02:38 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

She's just sitting there awaiting our time together....... :cry:

We were supposed to be playing out on the Salt Flats this week...

Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Ontario350
APPRENTICE

It's been far worse than this recession and the 80's was brutal. Total meltdowns of housing markets added by 24% interest rates and bang....

Trying to sell anything that is fringe right now is tough and cars are definitely not in high priority on that scale right now. Add in the fact racing is down to to lack of sponsorship and it back everything up like a stack of trains trying to fit into one tunnel. The system begins jamming with few buyers and many more sellers. If you have cash right now your king and just picking of steal deals everywhere.

If it doesn't look or smell like a great deal it won't move unless you really luck out. 10% unemployed and the majority are from the right who likely belong to racing hobbies also means a lot of guys in the hobby circles are down on their luck right now.

Takes about two years from the bottom out to begin creating jobs again.

Buying should ramp back up in 2011.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm so broke I can't even afford to pay attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -