What got ya Hooked on Fast cars ?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 AM
23t
SHOW GUEST

Good topic i was 10 years when i took my first ride in a real race car 1964 max wedge car sitting on the big bench seat passenger side with a lap belt watching my dad push those buttons man that thing would really pull i think it went 11.85 @ 125 mph good speed for 1971.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I was 14 and the neighbor down the street took me a ride in his camaro...it was a rust bucket but it had a 406 with a 4 speed and 4.10 gears.I remember not being able to reach up and touch the dash when he took off.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:31 AM
twobad1
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

10 or so riding to the bus stop in my brothers 69camaro BB 4SP Pullin wheels up everytime (that car didnt last long!)
Old 02-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I grew up around cars in my grandpa's shop. Go-carts and minibikes got me going at a very early age. my mom was dating a guy back when I was about 8.1974 Torino, I dont know what the engine was but it had a 4 speed and this giant sticker all the way down the side of the car that faded orange to red. it was reflective tape and the car just lit up at night. after my first ride in that car it was all over, I was hooked...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

HEY GUYS!!I will remember it was like yesterday.It was 1960 and we moved into our new house. The next door neibours had a son my age.He ask his dad if he could show his fathers' hotrod to me in their garage.Well him and his dad took me out to the garage and there was this great looking 40 ford coupe all black sitting there.I liked to schiit when he ask his dad to take us for a ride!!From that day on ,I knew one day I would have A street rod.1972 I started builing a 32 lowboy and drove it to the 1974 STREETROD NATIONALS EAST in TOMONIUM, MD. FISHMANJOE
Old 02-22-2009, 02:10 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
I would say my uncles got me hooked on cars. It seems like they always had something that got my interest. But the one that really sticks in my mind is the ride in my uncles '68 or'69 vette 427 tri power " i can remember the triangle shaped air cleaner" i remember being pinned back in the seat where all i could do is watch out the side window and watch the trees go by as i was about 7 or 8 then. Been hooked ever since.
lMAO ..beast you just described my Last 63 vette pass with a 1.14 60 ft..i was pinned back looking out the side window at threes and gaurdrails....lol..

i felt like i was 3 when i got back to pits and tried to walk...hheehheeee :shock:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-22-2009, 02:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
I grew up around cars in my grandpa's shop. Go-carts and minibikes got me going at a very early age. my mom was dating a guy back when I was about 8.1974 Torino, I dont know what the engine was but it had a 4 speed and this giant sticker all the way down the side of the car that faded orange to red. it was reflective tape and the car just lit up at night. after my first ride in that car it was all over, I was hooked...
74 Torino ?..sounds like it had a 428 cobra Jet if it was factory bullet..they would run.no question

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-22-2009, 03:29 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

I live in Michigan, Connie Kalita lived about 1.5 miles from my parents house when I was much younger ( and so was he) i remember hearing him start his car, and getting on my bike riding that 1.5 miles to see it (seemed alot longer at the time)WOW. The local police use to shut the road down so that he can set the clutch out on the road. (Boy,what happen to the good old days.) That is where I felt the power and got the bug, will never forget lt. God Bless his son Scott he was one of the good ole boys.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

We lived about a mile from the roundy round track and every weekend I could hear them which started my interest but it was my brother whom is 5 years older than me that got me hooked. He had a 69 cutlass that he hotrodded everywhere he went. I always said when I was old enough to drive I was going to go fast. My first car was a 76 Camaro and I was friends with a guy and his dad that had a shop, he helped me rebuild it with a few performance parts and I just kept getting faster and faster from there. It is in my blood, I don't see me ever stopping.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Watching vanishing point!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -