no more excuses!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I'm looking forward to the super Chevy show this month. Maybe I'll see you there Zipper.
Hell I live right around the corner from Memphis motorsports park now since the divorce I've been living in Barlett, Tn which is about 10 miles as a crow flys.
I imagine when I get the camaro done I'll run it at Byhalia first them make my way down to Holly Springs for a real time run.
Goodluck and I'll keep in touch.

Charles
Old 06-20-2008, 12:19 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Update!
I got the motor running and the car it's now out of harms way from the ex. It's at the new holding spot which is the house I have been renting till I get in my new house at the end of June.
The motor sounds really good, and it revs quickly, has good oil pressure and doesnt over heat so good so far.
I've been busy taking care of safety issues on the chassis this week like new brakes and balljoints etc. I had one little merf up last friday when I brought it home.
One header hung down alittle lower than the other one ( pass ) and I went to back into the garage to do some maint on the suspension and uh uhh I felt a crunch , yep I killed the pass side header, it was beyond repair, it folded up 3 out of the four primary pipes and smuched the collector up pretty good too.
It got hung up on that little step up on the garage floor while I was backing up and I never even thought to check for clearance ( duh).
Bad thing is they were the high dollar 2401 hooker slip on collector style headers ($789), ouch! Fortunatley for me I didnt buy them and they were kinda old and pretty rusted out but still I could have used them for a bit.
Got some headers on order now should be ready to race by next weekend.
keep ya'll updated, Charles
Old 06-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Good luck CP- she sounds like a true ground-pounder w/ some SNORT. You got the race-bug again now... hard to stop a man on a mission once you have fire in the hole! Thanks fopr the e-mails/help in the last few days.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:59 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Man Charles,that sucks on your headers Hung mine on the cattle gaurd on time,but they were dynomax-70-dollar-elcheapos!Good luck with your ride and wish me luck.Gonna enter my first race tomorrow.No more test and tune!!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Thx guys I cant wait to see what this thing is gonna run!
If I hadnt screwed up th eheaders i could be running this weekend but it wasnt meant to be.
I'm probably gonna drive the black ghost weekend anyhow, landon's got the rearend back together, again.....lol
Goodluck at the track this weekend Eric, remember to kill the tree man it's where you 90% of your advantage in bracket racing.
Cp
Old 06-21-2008, 04:41 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Well,I didn't exactly kill the tree.Cut a .102 light on my first and only pass.Starter broke when going for the second round of qualifying.Oh well.Better luck next week Still felt good just to be there