TIE DOWNS ON TRAILER???

Old 12-27-2007, 07:18 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

metal, a half of a circle, with a hole in middle, so you can atach shackle or hook on rachet strap, will take a closer pic , if you want
Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

The GMC has a piece of tubing welded between each 4-link bracket and axle. Serves dual purpose in stabilizing the bracket and a tie down point.

In the front, there's a single 180* tubing u-bend that is welded to the front cross member. Serves not only as a tie down point, but a tow point as well.

Not sure why you'd need more than one tie down in front. There is far greater forces in stopping than starting. I don't care if it falls out the back, just so long as it doesn't hit me in the head.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

We had a bad expeience with tire slings one time.Drove from VA to PA one morning to go to the Jalopy Showdown (awesome event ) at Beaversprings Dragway.Tied the fed down with tire slings,drove 6 hours with an unknown leak in rear tire and showed up with a rail that been rubbing all up against inside of trailer :shock: .Guess it would have come loose even if tied to frame and tire went down.Just left a "bad taste in my mouth" I guess you would say.Just my $.02
Old 12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Hold on...trailer?I thought you were building a driver?Easier to drive to the track than to haul it :lol:
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
Hold on...trailer?I thought you were building a driver?Easier to drive to the track than to haul it :lol:

BELIEVE ME IT WILL BE DRIVEN ALOT MORE THEN RACED :roll: :roll: --BUT I WILL HAVE TO HAUL IT ALOT TILL I GET IT ALL TOGETHER[PLUS- 8) 8) :lol: SOMETIMES AFTER WHIPPING UP ON THE OTHER CARS /AND JUMPING AROUND LIKE I KNOW IT WILL DO--IT WILL NEED A REST :lol: :lol: ]

LIVELY
Old 12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah.I'm just messin with you.I always haul mine to the track...never count on it getting you home Check out RJRides and check out My Garage.Got pics of my FED in there.Gotta show off you know :roll:
Old 12-28-2007, 11:09 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Oh yeah ,forgot.Got pics of The Olds,too.Not quite done ,but you get the idea.How's your El Camino comin' along.Lively :wink: