traction issues

Old 12-19-2008, 06:54 PM
proclassmonte
SHOW GUEST

no i have not. this is what i was thinkig my self, but i'm not sure what to do from here. can you give me a breif run down on how to set it properly
Old 12-20-2008, 04:25 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

what kind of 60' do you get? and are these m t et street slicks you are running?
Old 12-20-2008, 08:48 AM
proclassmonte
SHOW GUEST

it pulls1.45 60s the tires 28/9 mt slicks not street.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:54 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

If you can get ahold of a set of scales to see where your at on preload, ect. On your car your probably going to want to start at 60lb heavier on the right rear than the left and 100lb heavier on the left front than the right front. This is just to get you in the ball park. I bought a car that was acting close to what your talking about. We found it had about 250lb more on the pass. side rear just way to much preload, and the rear springs were too stiff. We changed the springs and turned the shock settings up. It fixed our problem, but every car is unique. It might help if you went to a 5500 converter from the 4500 you have now. I know your trying not to blow your narrow tires off, but you still have to set the chassis up.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
proclassmonte
SHOW GUEST

this is good information, thanks for taking the time to help out.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:32 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Like i said above, just got my car back from a NC chassis shop, my problem was i only had 1 inch of shock travel, It was trying to unload the rear tires, this was causing my car to chatter slicks on take off, the chassis shop had to redo the 4 link and make longer shock mounts, in doing this the car sits 4 inches lower in the rear. PM me and i will give you the shops number.