I'm thru with Force Racing

Old 09-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
One thing about Force, he started with nothing! John and his brother built a large multi-million dollar race team and that isn't easy to do! So, John is a completely self-made man, no one gave it to him.

To keep the professional end of our sport running and competing, we need as many professional teams as possible. What would it be like with less-than 10 professional teams at a major event? Not too exciting!

WD
Not to exciting, does that qualify for IHRA Top Fuel. 8 cars per fuel class...yawn...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by harbone66
Originally Posted by TheEngineer
One thing about Force, he started with nothing! John and his brother built a large multi-million dollar race team and that isn't easy to do! So, John is a completely self-made man, no one gave it to him.

To keep the professional end of our sport running and competing, we need as many professional teams as possible. What would it be like with less-than 10 professional teams at a major event? Not too exciting!

WD
Not to exciting, does that qualify for IHRA Top Fuel. 8 cars per fuel class...yawn...
I think you're spot-on! And that is probably why Clay and Spencer moved-over to NHRA.

Warren
Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

I think that John did what he had to do to keep the maximum amount of sponsor money coming in. Drag racing needs the Pro categories to draw the fans to the events. We, as racers, have to realize that the Pro classes are no longer drag racers but business men. The drivers and a LOT of other people associated with these teams draw their livelyhood from the sponsors. A lot of the drivers don't have the knowledge to even be able to work on their cars. They just fly in, drive 'em and fly out. They are the PR guys who say what the publics wants to hear.
Maybe John and Tony's antics were a page right out of the WWF????
Old 10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
It's a sad day in the racing world when a racer has to worry about his 'performance' rather than PERFORMANCE. I'm focused on WINNING every time I strap on a racecar........
I just saw this. I had to take a double look at it.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
ragtopssz28
SHOW GUEST

Default JF

This is why most of us are not businessmen. He made an unpopular decision. Altho, I do remember when he had a 2 car team and in the finals and at least they made a race of it. Those "scientists" are good enough to make a race of it...for the fans sake. They are already in the finals for the sponsors.

Another point was made earlier: Limit the amount of cars a team can run. At this time, I can agree. It is getting too political. The SPIRIT OF COMPETITION is going away.

In John's defence of his anger: The chemicals in our bodies is what dictates how we control ourselves in public...or private. Every human that competes at that level CAN loose control. Age can have an effect also. I think we love him or hate him because he is HIS WAY.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
I think NHRA should limit the number of funny cars or Top fuel cars you have in your team. Maybe that would cut down on all the B.S.
But that might kill NHRA and they might not get a 16 car field in those classes. I don't like what Force did but he did what he had to do. It's NHRA's fault it got to this. We just got back from racing at the U.S Nationals at Indy. I think the place sucks and hope I never go back.
I use to run Super Chevy there for years and it was great. They treat the sportsman racers like crap. We waited 10 hours to get in and 3 1/2 to have them tech the car. Some people waited almost 24hrs to get in.
Pro's get in as soon as they pull up. :roll:
Who pays the majority of the bills and buy from the sponsors?
Sportsman racers and they treat them like crap.
Maybe stay away from the Full Throttle stuff and just run the Lucas Oil seires.