combination u joint

Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 PM
chevysteve2
APPRENTICE

Default combination u joint

I need a u joint that is a 1330 (ford 1.125 cap) on one side and a 1350 on the other. Many companies make this u joint but I have not found a solid non greasable joint in this combination. I was wondering if any one has bought a 1330 solid joint and a 1350 x1330 combination joint. and switched the caps to create a 1350 x1330 solid combination joint. It seems to me that the trunnion diameters on both u joints should be the same, the only difference should be the caps. I may be way off on this but any help will be appreciated.

steve :? :?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:25 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Don't know about the Ford ones, but GM's are different on each side.

You might want to try your local driveshaft shop, they would probably find one for you. We have Randy's Driveshaft in Houston and those guys are very good.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:55 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Steve, try these guys: www.speedwaymotors.com

They have them, but not sure if they're solid or not.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
chevysteve2
APPRENTICE

I bought got one made by percision u joint. the trunnion sizes are different they actually machine the body, rather than making odd ball cap sizes as I thought. it is a 40 dollar piece. so I would buy a new yoke for a little more if I had to do it again.

thanks for you help
steve,