Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ?????

Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Juice-

Is this not a clear case of the art of negotiating??? I don't care if you offered 400.00, it is not personal. It is not like you are wasting his time, you just sent him a message!!! How the hell else does a guy get a really good buy??? It is a "take it, or leave it" question. No harm done- I see nothing wrong with what you did... SOME OF THE BEST DEALS I HAVE EVER MADE ARE BECAUSE I HAD THE BALLS TO ASK. Blocking you is unecessary!! Give me a break... Rigsby
Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Ya Rigs..i just lauged it off..i really just posted what happened just to get to share some good conversation with you Guys.

i have nothing personal against this Ed guy and really don't care if he gave the blower to me..its one of those things i really didn't need but would have purchased if it worked out..My money can do a-lot of good here at the house during these tight times anyhow...besides its a 142 run of the Mill Blower you can buy them a dime a dozen anytime you want..as a mattr of fact i just missed a deal Thru Zips friend on a 142 blower with less than 150 miles for $700 and that was his asking price...lol..

what tugs on me a little is he (ed) comes in here almost everyday and reads this post but will not reply ( yes i see you ed, you just can't see me. 8) ).. i wish he would post up..i would like a formal introduction..i can assure him that i would not stoop to his level and Block him from the forum beacuse he blocked me on the classifieds for simply making an offer...But he ( ed) has taken the time toreply to a few buddies of mine on here stating that i tried to steal his blower with a low offer.....now Thats Bullchit ! IMO...
The way i feel about it he will need me LOOOOOONG before i will ever need him Its just a shame it has to be that way period..

But i also feel that way about a one other on here that likes to take cheap shots at me and others and does nothing but complain and bitch all the time..you know who you are and your time is coming..don't worry ! you will know when i have had enough of your senickle attitude ....
( imagine the lamb in the lions den..tic.,toc,tic,toc)...got the idea Yet ! 8)

Sorry Rigs had to get that one In and this person knows who they are when they read this and they will read it i am sure of it....and No ed its not you...you da man in my eyes with all those honor payments...blocker or No blocker......lmao

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-14-2009, 02:39 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
The way i feel about it he will need me LOOOOOONG before i will ever need him Its just a shame it has to be that way period.

say what?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

bjuice, I'm with you. I sold stuff on here for less then what I wanted. I didn't like the offer so I counter offered and he bought it for that price. That is just the way it works. He (ed) has to know who you are and you not just some kid playing games. All he had to do is say no thanks are tell you the price is firm. I hope he works thing out with you because he seems to have a very good reputation on here. If he had something I wanted I would deal with him. :lol: :lol:
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Juice:

I try to remember my posts have no tone & can be misunderstood... as I can misunderstand too. That said, whining & complianing here & just spewing DRAMA is lame... some people feel bigger when behind the key-board. Some live out their alter-ego's probably... boiling down to being potty-trained the wrong way in thier childhood or something. Whoever that dude is, he probably needs a life. Probably no more than a scared little boy who lacks personal skills & the essentials to mingle with the general public... sad really. Life is toooooo short for that crap. Good luck BROHAM. Rigs
Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

hell bjuice when i sell something i ALWAYS have to "give it away ". i have never sold anything on rj but i dont see where you did anything wrong. thats just part of it.i kinda think he thinks his shi- dont stink.i have a bike for sale now on rj and they have offered me way less than i need for it but i just tell then sorry no can do.i never would have even thought about blocking anyone.kinda low class to me. sorry ed.thats how i feel but i do admire your honesty in making honor payments. i believe you are a good man with integrity but some really bad buisness ideas.had some guy offer me a hoda dirt bike for my chopper. when i got thru laughing i just said no thanks only deal with american iron.now if there ever was a insult that would have been one lol ken
Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

i started out asking $9500 for my wagon,then i came down to $8000 firm,so this guy calls and said i'm looking at yours and another car,the other car is 7500 if you will take 7500 i'll pick it up,i said when are you coming to get it!!LOL!!he said saturday,so i sold it for 7500 and was asking 9500 at one time then 8000 firm,but if he had ask me 4000 i would of probley got pissed but not blocked him,thats just the way i see it,i think its a insult to offer half price on somthing pretty high,although the way some has it priced might only be worth half,,,steve
Old 01-15-2009, 07:30 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

That's sort of crazy I think, to block a mans email that has a sterling reputation. I think it is very important to look at someones profile BEFORE you reply to any offers. I wouldn't exactely call Brians offer a lowball, it was a reasonable and polite offer from a consumer that you KNOW is not going to be problem in the transaction. Considering todays' state of our economy, he should be glad to any offers whatsoever. Besides, what would be wrong with this reply:

"No thanks, (insert your own price) gets it".

There is the end the negotiating process, unless Brian was to buy it.

Having said that, I will say I have been a smartass before to offers, but it must be a ridiculously low offer.
To offer a man $12k for his '69 Camaro (mine) deserves a "kiss my a**".

Just my thoughts as I sit here all bored with cabin fever.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:47 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Juice:

I try to remember my posts have no tone & can be misunderstood... as I can misunderstand too. That said, whining & complianing here & just spewing DRAMA is lame... some people feel bigger when behind the key-board. Some live out their alter-ego's probably... boiling down to being potty-trained the wrong way in thier childhood or something. Whoever that dude is, he probably needs a life. Probably no more than a scared little boy who lacks personal skills & the essentials to mingle with the general public... sad really. Life is toooooo short for that crap. Good luck BROHAM. Rigs
You just made a dang good point Rigs !

Old 01-15-2009, 02:57 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vega34
i started out asking $9500 for my wagon,then i came down to $8000 firm,so this guy calls and said i'm looking at yours and another car,the other car is 7500 if you will take 7500 i'll pick it up,i said when are you coming to get it!!LOL!!he said saturday,so i sold it for 7500 and was asking 9500 at one time then 8000 firm,but if he had ask me 4000 i would of probley got pissed but not blocked him,thats just the way i see it,i think its a insult to offer half price on somthing pretty high,although the way some has it priced might only be worth half,,,steve
lol..i heard that Steve....i agree there is a Big Difference in the 1/2 price thing when your comparing 10k vs 1500...i sold My 63 vette lets just say over the 60k mark this past September..i did come off several thousand dollars but i would have kindly declined 50k etc ( but would have never blocked that person and trust me i got some offers below that 50k range but i treated those people with all the respect that i treated my Buyer)... i also threw in a set of new slicks cause i seen some bad economy issues rolling down the pipe..it was a good sale for both me and the buyer i do not have a problem saying he ( the buyer)probably ( i know) has a lot more money than i do..but i can say i am 60k plus richer than what i was after the sale was complete...
So the $1600 blower deal was not that Big of a deal..its a run of the mill blower( nothing speacial) and i know you were ribbing me with your Last post ..i am a good sport ( and you are from clinch Mtn..lol)...but what i did mean was that ED would need my Money loooong before i would need his ever so common Blower...lol

i think you made a wise decision to accept the $7500 on your vega

as i have said in the past..we are dead in a Recession and Money just ain't changing hands like it was.....so it might come back to haunt some folks turning up their Nose at good cash offers.Money you turn down today you might need tomorrow..

thanks for all you guys replies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -