ProComp Heads Update,

Old 09-15-2007, 09:41 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Actually according to Direct motion they can get the heads out to 225 runners they say and that's what they say they will flow 308 CFM, but again it's just advertising i think.
I've got a set of Bodix 10's FP RP, and with 2.140 tit intakes and the flow #'s only say 314 CFM at .700 and that's fully hand ported. I don't know who ported them because i bought them with valves used. I will be finding out if the 10's work because they are going a 434 that's going in my malibu this winter with 2 7/16" hilborn stacks on alky.

Zip.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:57 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

I'll add my .02. I have the ProComp heads, but only because I never ever planned to race the thing, or drive it down the track. Well...tomorrow I'm going to the track for the second time! This will be the last time on the ProComps and then I'm switching to the AFR 210s with Jesels that are on the workbench. The AFRs weren't my first choice, but I got them from a friend and the price was right, real right.
But back to the ProComps. I run .662/.673 and this was the second set my builder went through. The first ones the seats weren't right.
They work, but they are definitely the weak link and holding me back. Blower or not, there is only so much you can push through a small hole.
You're right, they're ok for the street, but continued beating makes me nervous.
Since you were wondering, first time fresh off the show circuit to the track with zero tuning yielded a 7.02 @ 98. So if I can hit the 6.80s tomorrow I'm celebrating. The show queen runneth!
Now for the bragging: Pick up next month's Super Chevy! :wink: