Looking for blue thunder header flanges

Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 AM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

Default Looking for blue thunder header flanges

I have a older pair of blue thunder heads with the chevy bolt pattern, I have to make a set of headers for. These heads are new to me thats why I don't know what to do. Do you use BB chevy flanges? I have a pair of BB chevy flanges that I tried to see how they fit and they don't have much sealing surface on one corner of all the ports. And there is no room for the spark plug wire between the ports.

I found this website below that makes a b-thunder flange and is the sap instead of round.

http://www.spdexhaust.com/pdfs/HeadF...lueThunder.pdf

The ports on my heads are appox. 1 3/4x1 3/4 my heads look like the ones in the above link. Can someone please point me in the right direction. If I should go with the sap flanges in the above link, does someone make them with the stubs on them? I don't want to try to make a square with pipe. It seems like that job would suck.

Thank you for any help-

[email protected]
Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

The blue thunder heads for bbf use regular chevy bbc flanges. You will have to trim them so you can get to the spark plugs though. I cut mine to each exaust port.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:06 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

The link you provided looks like a nice piece if you go that route.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: Looking for blue thunder header flanges

Originally Posted by thundermaker
I have a older pair of blue thunder heads with the chevy bolt pattern, I have to make a set of headers for. These heads are new to me thats why I don't know what to do. Do you use BB chevy flanges? I have a pair of BB chevy flanges that I tried to see how they fit and they don't have much sealing surface on one corner of all the ports. And there is no room for the spark plug wire between the ports.

I found this website below that makes a b-thunder flange and is the sap instead of round.

http://www.spdexhaust.com/pdfs/HeadF...lueThunder.pdf

The ports on my heads are appox. 1 3/4x1 3/4 my heads look like the ones in the above link. Can someone please point me in the right direction. If I should go with the sap flanges in the above link, does someone make them with the stubs on them? I don't want to try to make a square with pipe. It seems like that job would suck.

Thank you for any help-

[email protected]
Yes they do Hooker makes a set but there not cheap i have sold a couple of sets of them the part NO# is 11629 they have a 2" stub already welded on so you can go from there comes with bolts gaskets and a hooker tag. i sell those for 159.00
Old 03-08-2008, 05:52 AM
thundermaker
APPRENTICE

thanks for the info,